Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dun laoghaire shopping centre to get a supervalu. where to apply for jobs ?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

went onto the website and there was no information. was just looking for part time work. what should i do now to apply for this job ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

sorry man cant help you wondering the same but i reckon there might be a sign outside the shop about this. 70 jobs going supposably, im defo applying for it. if anyone has any idea let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

ricero wrote: »
    went onto the website and there was no information. was just looking for part time work. what should i do now to apply for this job ?
    Was told yesterday it is opening 1st week in december.They are supposed to be having walk in interviews soon.Will post if i get anymore info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Will definitely have to keep an eye on this!!!!! Is it full and part time staff they are looking for? Part-time would be perfect!!!!

OP thanks for inadvertently letting us all know there is a few jobs going! Hope you get one of the part-time places as your reward!!! :D

blossom180 wrote: »
    Was told yesterday it is opening 1st week in december.They are supposed to be having walk in interviews soon.Will post if i get anymore info.

that be deadly nice 1

any updates on this :)

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    any updates on this :)
    no news on interviews yet,opening on 8th december.

update ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

its opening December 8th im not sure if there still taking c.v's

did you apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 DrainBamaged

yeah any news on this please? Really desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 S.W.Keegan

Does anyone know where to even send a c.v. for that store? There's no info anywhere online or anywhere in the shopping centre.

say they just gave jobs to tesco people?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tescos staff all got redeployed.

has a month to open, if theres no info in shop thats strange. wonder if these walk in interviews happened already?

ted1 wrote: »
    Tescos staff all got redeployed.
    A number of tesco staff took redundancy.Some have applied for jobs in supervalu.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    has a month to open, if theres no info in shop thats strange. wonder if these walk in interviews happened already?
    Heard today that there was an open day in the royal marine last week.

they advertised that looooads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm sure they got the numbers they required. Why spend money on advertising. They probably just let the local welfare office know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DrainBamaged

Rage.

• Advertisement

ok apparently you apply online for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Link for application?

i dunno but seems previous posters tried stearing others off guard...a common tactic and i applaud it but we will have the last laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 21 OdrumsP

Any update on this lads? I went down this morning, still no movement! How in the name of god are we ment to apply if they have no email address and knowone is there!? Crazy

OdrumsP wrote: »
    Any update on this lads? I went down this morning, still no movement! How in the name of god are we ment to apply if they have no email address and knowone is there!? Crazy
    Opening friday morning,was talking to a lad today and he said all jobs are gone. If i were you i would bring down cv on friday.
    Job might not suit all that have got them.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

Was there tonight at 7 and there were about 5 times as much staff as customers.. the place is just too expensive, don't think it will stick around for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

It was packed on its first day of opening, but was down there yesterday and there was hardly anyone shopping there. Nowhere near the same selection of goods as tesco had offered. Some good deals on drink and meat though.
    Hopefully they manage to get some custom in and stay open.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The day it opened I thought they were giving the stuff away for free it was so busy. Supervalu can't really compete with the likes of Tesco on price, but the special offers in Supervalu (especially the wine ;) ) are worth dropping in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

I hope it closes down soon and Aldi moves in... many of the products there are made by the same suppliers that also supply Supervalu but at half the price. And an Aldi would keep Tesco on its toes...

• Advertisement

the shop looks nice tho, aldi looks horrible

Advertisement