Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC level 5 Childcare

Options
  • 16-10-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys!

I am thinking about doing a FETAC level 5 course in Childcare but want some feedback on possible options and suitability.

I have a BA in English and Spanish and an MA in Irish Studies. I also have a CELTA qualification along with a CELTA Young Learners and Very Young Learners qualification. I have been teaching English to children in Spain for 4 years but I feel like the time is right to move back home to Ireland and I' like to continue working with children!

As I live in Spain, my only viable option is to do a course online. I was looking at the Chevron training course as a possible option. Does anyone have any feedback on it? (I know it's very expensive) Is it recognised by employers on an equal footing as, say, a full-time classroom course?

I was also wondering if, given my qualifications, there were other options for me to get into childcare? For example, any other course which I could do?

Thank you so much!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

I had seen a recognised online course which I too am thinking of doing. Will do a search and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Molly82

Hi, if you already have a degree would you consider doing an earlychildhood ed degree....there are loads of courses in Ireland that do this.Would you consider play therapy?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

If you want to work in Ireland with young (2-4 yrs) children would I be correct in saying that you must have at least a FETAC level 5. So I guess you would have to do it. I've got level 5, am now doing level 6 and level 7 is quite common in preschool now too. If you are considering national school then, sorry, I'm not sure what you need.not much help I know but the best of luck to you.

Advertisement