Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Bluring

• 16-10-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

hey guys finishing of a quick video in Final Cut Pro and i need to blur out someones face. i am using the Gaussian Blur with Mask Shape but the blurring isnt strong enough. anyone got any suggestions to make the blur more effective???
    thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

gaza4 wrote: »
    hey guys finishing of a quick video in Final Cut Pro and i need to blur out someones face. i am using the Gaussian Blur with Mask Shape but the blurring isnt strong enough. anyone got any suggestions to make the blur more effective???
    thanks!!!

i dont use final cut, but if there is also maybe a motion blur effect. or if you could just track a black or white bar/box on their face frame by frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

i dont use final cut, but if there is also maybe a motion blur effect. or if you could just track a black or white bar/box on their face frame by frame.

thanks i might give the black bar a go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If your simply hiding identity is there not a mosaic effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

ScumLord wrote: »
    If your simply hiding identity is there not a mosaic effect?

Mosaic ! Yeah thats the one. That should work. :-) on the ball scumlord

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

thats the type of effect i was lookin for yeah, dunno if its a standard effect on FCP though or else i over looked it.

in the end i went with Static Noise, doesnt look as pretty as the Gaussain Blur or the mosaic effect would look but it does the job!!!

thanks for the replies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Advertisement