Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Apparently the basement flooded while the store was closed, lots of damage is supposed to have occured.
    ya there was they found this in the basment
    ING-leeks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thats poor Bond....very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Glenomra

ya there was they found this in the basment
    ING-leeks.jpg

No it's quite a good one or maybe I have been lockdowned too long. Found those leeks in the natural history section I presume....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

dashoonage wrote: »
    Thats poor Bond....very poor.

:p:p I know old dad jokes :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Scallions? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Garden World on Ellen St is closing. Disappointing as it was the only shop of that type in the city. They are planning on relocating but have no new premises yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Treepole wrote: »
    Garden World on Ellen St is closing. Disappointing as it was the only shop of that type in the city. They are planning on relocating but have no new premises yet.

The building they're in is part of the Opera site, so they have no choice but to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

I didn’t realise that was included also. I liked the stonework, is it to be retained or knocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Treepole wrote: »

Aw that's a shame. I loved buying plants there. We still have the newer garden centre open beside Burger King.

mdmix wrote: »
    I didn’t realise that was included also. I liked the stonework, is it to be retained or knocked?

Retained. Everything on the block except for 1-4 Rutland St is part of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Quay Books gone from Arthur’s Quay. They still appear to be selling off their website though.

Quay Books gone from Arthur’s Quay. They still appear to be selling off their website though.

That was in the centre of the floor wasnt it? Covid probably screwed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I heard that a new bookshop is opening in a unit beside Modern Man across the road from the abandoned Dunnes stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lasno wrote:
    I heard that a new bookshop is opening in a unit beside Modern Man across the road from the abandoned Dunnes stores.

Having a brain melt moment where is that

kilburn wrote: »

A few doors up from The Pier Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

kilburn wrote: »

Sarsfield Street.

lasno wrote: »

Quay Books have a post up on their FB this morning re closing the stall in Arthur’s Quay that says “Chapter two of our story will commence at 11 Sarsfield Street sometime next week”

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the old Alchemist search shop they’re moving into? Saw them yesterday morning but never considered what was there before.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it the old Alchemist search shop they’re moving into? Saw them yesterday morning but never considered what was there before.

I had to look on Google Earth. There’s a building between Pier One and Alcehmist that has three units. Modern Man is one, a clothes alteration place ‘Zipped’ next to that and an empty unit. Not sure what was there last though.

Alterations place comes up as 11 Sarsfield St but it may be split into 2. Looking on Streetview it seems to be the unit to the left of that.

Hope they have success in the new place. I often wondered how well they were doing in Arthur’s Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Glenomra

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Alterations place comes up as 11 Sarsfield St but it may be split into 2. Looking on Streetview it seems to be the unit to the left of that.

Hope they have success in the new place. I often wondered how well they were doing in Arthur’s Quay.

Very well I would have assumed. Great footfall, cheap books, almost nonexistent overheads had to be very viable. I think Tesco wanted them gone to get space for covid queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes saw that quay books had moved in near pier one, hopefully they get some good passing traffic.

Glenomra wrote: »
    Very well I would have assumed. Great footfall, cheap books, almost nonexistent overheads had to be very viable. I think Tesco wanted them gone to get space for covid queuing.

I would have thought the rent would have been massive. I know the units there were astronomical rent.
    Maybe the stalls were cheap. Great footfall but not sure how many were buying books.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,081 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Glenomra wrote: »

If thats true hopefully Tesco have to pay the rent for a while. The move might also be in anticipation of the new student village

breezy1985 wrote: »
    If thats true hopefully Tesco have to pay the rent for a while. The move might also be in anticipation of the new student village

Student village? If you mean the old Dunnes site, it's due to be purely an educational facility, not an accommodation block. And with the pandemic (and change of President at UL) is years away from anything happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,081 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Student village? If you mean the old Dunnes site, it's due to be purely an educational facility, not an accommodation block. And with the pandemic (and change of President at UL) is years away from anything happening.

I always thought people would be living there. My bad.
    Im not holding my breath on the construction either shure were still waiting for Opera 15 years on

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

Quay Books have a post up on their FB this morning re closing the stall in Arthur’s Quay that says “Chapter two of our story will commence at 11 Sarsfield Street sometime next week”

It'll be a lot easier to browse their stock on shelves in a shop.

In Arthur’s Quay the books were often in piles, with some piles often obscuring other piles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Heard the company over Smyths Icon are pulling out.

Advertisement