Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭phill106

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Honestly I dont. Laundering? bothel? something else? If it cant be said here tell me in a PM
    Im in the same naive boat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Honestly I dont. Laundering? bothel? something else? If it cant be said here tell me in a PM

I’ve no idea what their on about either.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I dont know either?!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Hypothetically speaking and not pointing a finger or casting a doubt at any business but Shops, B&B's hotels can be used very easily to launder money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stuckintipp

Hypothetically speaking and not pointing a finger or casting a doubt at any business but Shops, B&B's hotels can be used very easily to launder money.

Would agree with those examples, shops buy stuff, so there’s a record of incoming stock, most hotels/B&Bs are paid with card or via online.

To launder money you need to be involved cash transactions, items that cost a reasonable amount but not too much eg second hand cars. Can give a great deal to buy car in cash, car brought in from abroad etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There is a builder who advertises alot Facebook who got a visit from the CAB recently...

There's is alot of the same kebab and pizza shops in Limerick I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I recently had to fork over a couple of hundred to a dentist who didn't take card and also a GP who didn't. Sorry but when you are dealing with that level of money not taking card sounds dodgy.

Anyone know a shop in Limerick with a proper selection of magazines? Easons seem to have gutted their section and most shops don't have much more than Hello and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I recently had to fork over a couple of hundred to a dentist who didn't take card and also a GP who didn't. Sorry but when you are dealing with that level of money not taking card sounds dodgy.

Always get a receipt, in the case of medical expenses even more important so you can do a MED1 claim in January for the previous years expenses. If they will not or cannot provide a receipt then it's up to you to decide but I would not pay them a cent until I got a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Anyone know a shop in Limerick with a proper selection of magazines? Easons seem to have gutted their section and most shops don't have much more than Hello and all that

is that o connell street one ?? they were always the best,but the price of some of them is gone unreal used to be around say 5e now to gone 8 or 9e. people dont seem to be buying some of them as much now favour more online.Some of them just went out of business was costing more than they were making.

is that o connell street one ?? they were always the best,but the price of some of them is gone unreal used to be around say 5e now to gone 8 or 9e. people dont seem to be buying some of them as much now favour more online.Some of them just went out of business was costing more than they were making.

Both O'Connell St. and The Cresent don't know if it's because of Covid or not but it's all just stationery and best sellers at the moment.

In better news some more pubs are opening up after lockdown. Mickey Martin's are open and doing good from Sambros and Mother Mac's have opened as an offie

Both O'Connell St. and The Cresent don't know if it's because of Covid or not but it's all just stationery and best sellers at the moment.

In better news some more pubs are opening up after lockdown. Mickey Martin's are open and doing good from Sambros and Mother Mac's have opened as an offie

So you can drink away in Mickey's if you have Sambros food?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bigpink wrote: »
    So you can drink away in Mickey's if you have Sambros food?
    You go to Mickeys, order your food and drink and they get the food and bring it to you. You don't do the food and drink it separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

You go to Mickeys, order your food and drink and they get the food and bring it to you.

That's strange considering Mickeys already did food prior to the lockdown.
    Why didn't just continue with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Treepole wrote: »
    That's strange considering Mickeys already did food prior to the lockdown.
    Why didn't just continue with that?

They serve their own food till 6 then swap to Sambros after that

Shur every pub could get takeaway then and open no?
    Thought had to be a registered food business

Loads of pubs are already doing exactly that.
    They tie in with a local take away.

Loads of pubs are already doing exactly that.
    They tie in with a local take away.

Strange there are places closed so

Strange there are places closed so

It doesn't suit every pub.
    It's still extra work and maybe not worth some publicans while.

• Advertisement

Surely pubs like Nancy's Symths Mother Macs Tom Collins etc could be open easy

smyths is just money hungry too stingy to upgrade the place a bit. sure they already did b/fast and dinners.

smyths is just money hungry too stingy to upgrade the place a bit. sure they already did b/fast and dinners.

Does Symths need an upgrade? Modern building
    Nancy's prob needs one too so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/limerickpost/status/1295978806298046465?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Mother’s have been doing the off sales using growlers since May. Has something changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mother’s have been doing the off sales using growlers since May. Has something changed?

No still just the growler.

As long as you sit at the table and a server brings it down and kicks you out after an hour and a half I think so ya. But it's easy for them as Sambros is next door and as short a walk as some restaurants would have to their kitchen where as if you had a load of interests showing up from miles away maybe the gardai might find a problem with it

Clearly I'm just very late to the party on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It doesn't suit every pub.
    It's still extra work and maybe not worth some publicans while.

I had a discussion with a pub owner last week and he said his accountants even told him that they'd barely break even if they opened and served food. They have a food truck outside but said if the gov delay it any sooner, they might just have to reopen because the winter will be bleak

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I had a discussion with a pub owner last week and he said his accountants even told him that they'd barely break even if they opened and served food. They have a food truck outside but said if the gov delay it any sooner, they might just have to reopen because the winter will be bleak
    should that be ''delay it any later''

Advertisement