Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

bigpink wrote: »
    Surely pubs like Nancy's Symths Mother Macs Tom Collins etc could be open easy

Collins and Mother Mac's are tiny inside so might not be worth it. Nancy's would have as much room as Mickey's so could manage and you would think Smyths would be the easiest pub in town to reopen but maybe just not up for it for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

To be fair you need a kitchen to open serving your own meals, places that have been opened serving food from local restaurants/takeaways are being closed back down as fast as they open so wouldn't expect a workaround like that to happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Berty wrote: »
    To be fair you need a kitchen to open serving your own meals, places that have been opened serving food from local restaurants/takeaways are being closed back down as fast as they open so wouldn't expect a workaround like that to happen either.

Aren't there ones operating with vans outside for weeks now that haven't been closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

You only have to provide food . Guidelines don’t say anything about cooking it in house .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Why are they being closed down? It’s a legal workaround

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What pubs are using food vans?

What pubs are using food vans?

I think big Flannerys are just using a big BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Getting back to the topic, Bia (at the Milk Market) have announced that they are closing. A shame, their breakfasts were among the best around IMO. They were probably too reliant on the Milk Market weekend footfall and not enough custom there during the week I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Getting back to the topic, Bia (at the Milk Market) have announced that they are closing. A shame, their breakfasts were among the best around IMO. They were probably too reliant on the Milk Market weekend footfall and not enough custom there during the week I'd imagine..
    They were doing quite well the closing wasn't their choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

sioda wrote: »
    They were doing quite well the closing wasn't their choice
    Oh right, I didn't realise the decision was taken out of their hands. Can you elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not in Dingle anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Oh right, I didn't realise the decision was taken out of their hands. Can you elaborate?
    No unfortunately

The Old Stand they get pizzas and kebabs from shop across the road

So like Mother Mac's always advertise Wings Wednesday with the grub from Volcano why they not just doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

So like Mother Mac's always advertise Wings Wednesday with the grub from Volcano why they not just doing that?

May not be worth it for them. Volcano wings might not be able for the extra demand for Mother Mac's too. Can always ask them on FB

CosmicFool wrote: »
    May not be worth it for them. Volcano wings might not be able for the extra demand for Mother Mac's too. Can always ask them on FB

Covid capacity is about 10pax I would say in Mother Macs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

We would have to organise food handling courses for staff, there's also the extra staff required, plus extra PPE, and 100 things more! At the end of the day we're a Pub not a restaurant! You wouldn't go to an Italian restaurant and ask for Chow Mein. Why would you go to a Craft beer pub and order food? We could do it but that's not the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I think big Flannerys are just using a big BBQ

They have a full commercial kitchen. The BBQ is an additional bit Chefs use to prep and smoke items. Food comes out of the kitchen. Nicest food I have had recently. Its called www.anbbqblasta.com

Gallee wrote: »
    They have a full commercial kitchen. The BBQ is an additional bit Chefs use to prep and smoke items. Food comes out of the kitchen. Nicest food I have had recently. Its called www.anbbqblasta.com

The food is amazing. I should have known they had a kitchen too as my friend was a chef there years back when they opened

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

The food is amazing. I should have known they had a kitchen too as my friend was a chef there years back when they opened

+1 It's outstanding food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

adaminho wrote: »
    We would have to organise food handling courses for staff, there's also the extra staff required, plus extra PPE, and 100 things more! At the end of the day we're a Pub not a restaurant! You wouldn't go to an Italian restaurant and ask for Chow Mein. Why would you go to a Craft beer pub and order food? We could do it but that's not the point!

dont shoot the poster lads it not her fault

You own Mother Macs?
    Nice pub but ye can open if ye want too..I've no doubt might be a bit of work but not a huge deal either.Would I go to a Craft Beer pub and order food?
    Well yes I would and would have too under current rules
    I know it's a smaller pub but I think there's a back room aswell surely ye could have 40 people I don't know
    Plenty of places are opened and trying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Collins and Mother Mac's are tiny inside so might not be worth it. Nancy's would have as much room as Mickey's so could manage and you would think Smyths would be the easiest pub in town to reopen but maybe just not up for it for whatever reason

Heard Smyths Icon are closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is Guinness a craft stout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You own Mother Macs?
    Nice pub but ye can open if ye want too..I've no doubt might be a bit of work but not a huge deal either.Would I go to a Craft Beer pub and order food?
    I know it's a smaller pub but I think there's a back room aswell surely ye could have 40 people I don't know

You’d be doing well to get 40 in pre COVID

Never really counted but would they have 10 tables of say 4 people possible

YFlyer wrote: »

They could be open for food very easy if they wanted..

YFlyer wrote: »

That rumors has been going round but I've seen nothing to back it up.

Unless it's an issue with the building itself I can't imagine the owners giving that up when they have less lucrative sites they could ditch first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

You own Mother Macs?

No, I just work there. All I'm saying is its not as easy as it sounds. I've spoken to publicans that have opened with food and their business is way down and expenses are up.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think it's a real waste that the market is closed most of the week. It must be the city's biggest covered outdoor space. You could let closed pubs that need to sell of stock run bottle shops and have the food provided by the cafes in the market building.

A place like Mother Mac's could bring down loads of bottles and growlers and we could all have a nice socially distanced time outside.

I've seen it done in London alot since lockdown but the licencing laws are much more flexible there so that might be an issue

Advertisement