Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

bigpink wrote: »
    Oh didn't know that.Kitting out influencers while sounds great on social media doesn't pay the bills.Lockdown has shown there true colours
    Who does she design for?Must keep an eye out

It’s called Aoife Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Subway in Roxboro has closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Think the one in O Connell at could be changing aswell alot of work going.on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Good. I got violently ill after eating there - management didn't care when I called them and continued to serve customers despite an infestation of flies.

Haven't had Subway since and probably never will again!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Pagoda (Chinese restaurant / take away) in Castletroy closed (apologies if mentioned here before)

• Advertisement

I take it New Look on Cruises street is gone now as it hasn't opened up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

I take it New Look on Cruises street is gone now as it hasn't opened up

It's back open

sioda wrote: »
    It's back open

Oh that's good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Coill1 wrote: »
    Pagoda (Chinese restaurant / take away) in Castletroy closed (apologies if mentioned here before)

they never did much of a business did it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

they never did much of a business did it ?

I'm imagine students made up a large chunk of their customers so might not be worthwhile until their return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Coill1 wrote: »

I used go there a lot when I was a student but I suppose no students around now

O Connors on Thomas Street has recently closed following the death of the owner I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,672 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

John_Mc wrote: »
    Good. I got violently ill after eating there - management didn't care when I called them and continued to serve customers despite an infestation of flies.

Haven't had Subway since and probably never will again!

An infestation of flies should be taken seriously but there's no way of knowing that it was the Subway made you sick

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gael23 wrote: »
    I used go there a lot when I was a student but I suppose no students around now

O Connors on Thomas Street has recently closed following the death of the owner I believe

O’Connor’s closed in January.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    O’Connor’s closed in January.

Is that bean an ti ?? or the actual o connors bakery thats on cruises street ??

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

O’Connors on Thomas St, up from the side door of BT. It was not aftiliated with O’Connors in Cruises St.

O’Connors on Thomas St, up from the side door of BT. It was not aftiliated with O’Connors in Cruises St.

thanks i was getting confused there for a min :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭djdunny

It’s the one on Thomas street, up from Kranks Korner

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

looks like Alfies Bar Ballycummin is not going 2 reopen For Rental sign from Auctioneer's gone up on building.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    An infestation of flies should be taken seriously but there's no way of knowing that it was the Subway made you sick

I had 2 meals that day, porridge for breakfast and a Subway for lunch. I felt dodgy almost immediately after having the Subway and was violently ill that evening and night.

They did have an infestation of flies and were working with the local food safety authority to help them deal with it. I was talking to the guy after making a formal complaint to the FSAI.

He said it would be difficult to prove without doubt it was Subway so they couldn't be closed down legally. It was definitely Subway and they were willing to continue serving food whilst dealing with the infestation so I'm delighted to see them close.

I had 2 meals that day, porridge for breakfast and a Subway for lunch. I felt dodgy almost immediately after having the Subway and was violently ill that evening and night.

They did have an infestation of flies and were working with the local food safety authority to help them deal with it. I was talking to the guy after making a formal complaint to the FSAI.

He said it would be difficult to prove without doubt it was Subway so they couldn't be closed down legally. It was definitely Subway and they were willing to continue serving food whilst dealing with the infestation so I'm delighted to see them close.

Food poisoning doesn't work that way it has an incubation period. I e worked in hospitality for years and we have even had legal advice on this that if someone comes back straight after a meal with food poisoning send them packing.
    The subway may have disagreed with your stomach for whatever reason but you did not get food poisoning from there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Craughans Butchers in Corbally closed due to retirement...big loss

Food poisoning doesn't work that way it has an incubation period. I e worked in hospitality for years and we have even had legal advice on this that if someone comes back straight after a meal with food poisoning send them packing.
    The subway may have disagreed with your stomach for whatever reason but you did not get food poisoning from there

Incubation periods vary based on what the type of food poisoning, metabolism and a whole host of other factors.

As I said, I was violently ill that evening so probably 4-6 hours later. Not "straight after a meal" as you said.

Anyway, I know what happened - I don't need to convince some randomer on the internet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Pacifico wrote: »

It’s not in Corbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭phill106

Incubation periods vary based on what the type of food poisoning, metabolism and a whole host of other factors.

As I said, I was violently ill that evening so probably 4-6 hours later. Not "straight after a meal" as you said.

Anyway, I know what happened - I don't need to convince some randomer on the internet about it.

He was only going off what you posted, anyone reading it would think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Food poisoning takes at least 12-18hours to take affect

What you're describing is IBS , not their fault...ask any GP or ED doctors

Pacifico wrote: »

That's in Westbury Centre?Prob Lidl coming too and Nolan's down the road advertise alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

That's in Westbury Centre?Prob Lidl coming too and Nolan's down the road advertise alot

Yup, Westbury in Corbally Limerick.

Probably but i'd say they were doing well enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

strange one, I thought the son ran that one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

moby2101 wrote: »
    Food poisoning takes at least 12-18hours to take affect

What you're describing is IBS , not their fault...ask any GP or ED doctors

I'll let my GP know that moby says their diagnosis of food poisoning after a 5 hour incubation period was incorrect after I was projective vomiting at 8pm after eating some dodgy egg sambos at a work meeting at 3pm.

They'll be distraught, nearly a decade of third level education to be taken down by a boardies

• Advertisement

I'll let my GP know that moby says their diagnosis of food poisoning after a 5 hour incubation period was incorrect after I was projective vomiting at 8pm after eating some dodgy egg sambos at a work meeting at 3pm.

They'll be distraught, nearly a decade of third level education to be taken down by a boardies

5 hours is possible and 24h is the most common. It's people blaming food they ate immediately before vomiting or whatever that is wrong. You hear people swearing all the time that they will never go back to such a Chinese or curry house because they got sick right after.

Its a bit like the myth of the bad pint making you sick after you a had a nights worth of them or getting wet gives you the flu

Advertisement