Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

breezy1985 wrote: »
    5 hours is possible and 24h is the most common. It's people blaming food they ate immediately before vomiting or whatever that is wrong. You hear people swearing all the time that they will never go back to such a Chinese or curry house because they got sick right after.

Its a bit like the myth of the bad pint making you sick after you a had a nights worth of them or getting wet gives you the flu

I wouldn't say its wrong, I agree in many cases it takes a while for the food to make its way down before you start feeling sick, but in other cases (as in 2 of my 3) once your body realises its about to be sick/attacked it goes into self defence mode to try minimise the damage.

Food poisoning is a bit like the flu, people think they have it until they actually suffer from it and then realise their upset tummy is the equivalent of a common cold or sniffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I wouldn't say its wrong, I agree in many cases it takes a while for the food to make its way down before you start feeling sick, but in other cases (as in 2 of my 3) once your body realises its about to be sick/attacked it goes into self defence mode to try minimise the damage.

Food poisoning is a bit like the flu, people think they have it until they actually suffer from it and then realise their upset tummy is the equivalent of a common cold or sniffle.

you know food poisoning if u got food poisoning its awful excuse the vulgar language but ur going from both ends, u want to roll over and 'die'. I stupidly reheated left over fish in microwave thats how i got it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yup, Westbury in Corbally Limerick.

Probably but i'd say they were doing well enough...

Westbury is Athlunkard Co Clare. Corbally is a townland near Quin.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭mart 23

Westbury is Athlunkard Co Clare. Corbally is a townland near Quin.

Corbally as I understand it runs between O Dwyers bridge and Athlunkard bridge . I think there is also a Corbally townland around Clarina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

mart 23 wrote: »
    Corbally as I understand it runs between O Dwyers bridge and Athlunkard bridge . I think there is also a Corbally townland around Clarina.

There are two Corbally townlands one Clare, one near Quin and one near Kilkee.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Sad to see Get West have decided to close up

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw their van on Donedeal, sad to see alright.

Lack of support for getting a base/storage near the river one of the main problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Ye sure on Get west? Looks like the event stuff, none of the kayak equipment in that advert.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Ye sure on Get west? Looks like the event stuff, none of the kayak equipment in that advert.

Sorry have also found out the owners are moving the more water side of the business to Carrick on Shannon but basically closing in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

bigpink wrote: »
    Sorry have also found out the owners are moving the more water side of the business to Carrick on Shannon but basically closing in Limerick

That is a shame, it will be a loss to the city center.

A2LUE42 wrote: »

The van is up for sale too. Shame. Did a Shannon kayaking tour with them during the summer. The owner said himself that they bought the business at the worst possible time (January this year) and had plans for the winter months. Late night Halloween kayaking etc. Hopefully they keep going. Lovely couple to deal with

The van is up for sale too. Shame. Did a Shannon kayaking tour with them during the summer. The owner said himself that they bought the business at the worst possible time (January this year) and had plans for the winter months. Late night Halloween kayaking etc. Hopefully they keep going. Lovely couple to deal with

Yeah they are a lovely couple your right.They did say they were finding it hard to get a base tho

• Registered Users Posts: 26,073 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

bigpink wrote: »
    Yeah they are a lovely couple your right.They did say they were finding it hard to get a base tho

It's a pity they couldn't have teamed up with a rowing club or given a bit of space in the potato market that's just going to waste on a few cars most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

Pamela Scott to close in the Crescent.

https://twitter.com/TodayFMNews/status/1316692262311677952

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Mid-West Simon Community charity shop on Roches Street now closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Subway in Roxboro has closed.

I drove past there today and it looked open, all branding was still up, the door was open and an open sign was lighting in the window!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Has Turkuaz closed? Appear to be gone from Just Eat and not open when i attempted to call in recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭sioda

dakid wrote: »
    Has Turkuaz closed? Appear to be gone from Just Eat and not open when i attempted to call in recently.

They have been closed for a while but I did see people in there on Friday cleaning so who knows.

sioda wrote: »
    They have been closed for a while but I did see people in there on Friday cleaning so who knows.
    They benefited from the drunk pub trade a lot so u would wonder now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

dakid wrote: »

Used work close to Turkuaz and would go there for lunch maybe once a week. One of the few kebab places that I could eat in and enjoy while sober.

Is there any other really good kebab places in Limerick?

Used work close to Turkuaz and would go there for lunch maybe once a week. One of the few kebab places that I could eat in and enjoy while sober.

Gotta say think Istanbul kebeb is easily on par with Turkuaz

Gotta say think Istanbul kebeb is easily on par with Turkuaz

aww lads i am getting confused now what was the one beside the hotel/hostel on denmark srteet

aww lads i am getting confused now what was the one beside the hotel/hostel on denmark srteet

Turkuaz across from the front gate of the market
    Istanbul is next to the old quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 26,073 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Turkuaz across from the front gate of the market
    Istanbul is next to the old quarter

Istanbul is good and definitely way better than most of the con artists round that area.

Best in Limerick though is Turkman up near the train station

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Turquaz was my favourite too, but I go to Turkman Grill now. It's the next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Nevils Shoes is closing. Will be sad to see this go.

From their FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/415039718544019/posts/3503095839738376/?sfnsn=mo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Nevils Shoes is closing. Will be sad to see this go.

From their FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/415039718544019/posts/3503095839738376/?sfnsn=mo

Twill make a fine starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

At least they annouced it before Christmas and said they will honour gift vouchers.

Unfortunately i expect this page to get a lot busier after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Celia Larkin doing a stellar job since taking up her cushy role...

Advertisement