Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is that place going ahead in the cresent or not Nandos?? the site is there for least 2 yrs &nothing done even started yet, just blocked off

Jaysus I thought it was up and running. I'm gone a year and a half and it was announced the month I left. I'll be back next year, it better be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Jaysus I thought it was up and running. I'm gone a year and a half and it was announced the month I left. I'll be back next year, it better be open.

still the same absolute joke,either build it or open back up that road section, thats crescent management for you.

still the same absolute joke,either build it or open back up that road section, thats crescent management for you.

Where is slated for? Beside Milanos?

Where is slated for? Beside Milanos?
    remember the access road beside Mc Donalds the left of mc donalds That side. Shaws delivery entrance side.

thats an old pic by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

There has been a pandemic for a year now in fairness. Building is start stop and it's probably not easy.to interview and train a whole team from scratch at the minute either. Not impossible but probably easier wait

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There has been a pandemic for a year now in fairness. Building is start stop and it's probably not easy.to interview and train a whole team from scratch at the minute either. Not impossible but probably easier wait

There has been other places the same built and renovated in the same period of time though.( there has to be a place there 1st so they can train properly.) interviews are mostly done by zoom now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I heard Nando’s aren’t proceeding but it will be a number of units with Five Guys and Popeyes nailed on.

I heard Nando’s aren’t proceeding but it will be a number of units with Five Guys and Popeyes nailed on.

okay why dont they just open that area then besides leaving it like an eyesore loads of fences with nothing happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nando's are waiting for the monorail to be built first before committing to opening here.

Ah a few pints in Tom Collins with the wife and a chicken hut on the way home is all I want tbh. Nandos is the same no matter where you go!

• Advertisement

There has been other places the same built and renovated in the same period of time though.( there has to be a place there 1st so they can train properly.) interviews are mostly done by zoom now.

As I said not impossible but I can see why some companies would make the decision

okay why dont they just open that area then besides leaving it like an eyesore loads of fences with nothing happening.

Sure most of the centre is closed so is it really a big deal. All it's blocking is a flat brown brick wall

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

Why is the section with KFC and Shake Dog totally blocked off?

AnonZen wrote: »
    Why is the section with KFC and Shake Dog totally blocked off?
    Something to do with the roof

Sure most of the centre is closed so is it really a big deal. All it's blocking is a flat brown brick wall
    most of the road there is blocked off sure

most of the road there is blocked off sure

Do you mean part of the actual road or part of the carpark ?
    Apologies if it's the road as I hadn't realized

Do you mean part of the actual road or part of the carpark ?
    Apologies if it's the road as I hadn't realized
    i would consider that a road like google maps has

546996.JPG

i would consider that a road like google maps has

546996.JPG

It's not though is it, just gets you round a carpark. You're really desperate for some controversy if that's the best you can come up with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its a right pain having to go around the long way to get our of the cresent after going through the McDonalds drive-thru

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

McDonalds should really have its own exit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Mc Love wrote: »

Disagree. That roundabout can be quite backed up at times. Not so much these days with a lot of people working from home at the minute. Adding an exit would make that particular roundabout worse. It doesn't take that long to go around.

Mc Love wrote: »

Those roads is already dangerous enough without adding exits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Disagree. That roundabout can be quite backed up at times. Not so much these days with a lot of people working from home at the minute. Adding an exit would make that particular roundabout worse. It doesn't take that long to go around.

Would turn into another parkway roundabout if you added an exit for McDonald's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

I can't find the post but someone asked about Phils Bookshop it's defo closed at it old location the building is getting gutted when I passed today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭djdunny

sioda wrote: »
    I can't find the post but someone asked about Phils Bookshop it's defo closed at it old location the building is getting gutted when I passed today

Yup. I spotted a post on Instagram from TheBookShop.ie 2 weeks ago where they were taking all the old stock from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Carphone warehouse to close all their shops so more empty units in the shopping centres

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Carphone Warehouse are closing all their stores in Ireland. There are 4 in Limerick in the Parkway, the Crescent, Arthurs Quay and the Jetland. https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/626743/breaking-retailer-confirms-closure-of-limerick-stores.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

sioda wrote: »
    Carphone warehouse to close all their shops so more empty units in the shopping centres

Arthurs Quay should really think about knocking through all those little units and have just a few big ones. Put shop fronts and doors on the outside too to promote them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Arthurs Quay should really think about knocking through all those little units and have just a few big ones. Put shop fronts and doors on the outside too to promote them

You’d end up with a really long but not very deep shop unit though.

I think I’d just knock the centre itself. It’s beyond its sell by date now. Limerick 2030 had plans for it but we’ll see what happens there...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You’d end up with a really long but not very deep shop unit though.

I think I’d just knock the centre itself. It’s beyond its sell by date now. Limerick 2030 had plans for it but we’ll see what happens there...
    They had plans for something the don't own. The owner announced plans last year to extend it and bring in M&S, but not a peep on it since.

Advertisement