Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The last thing the city needs is another cafe/coffeeshop. There are too many as it is.

Never been to mainland Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Double_facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I was in the clonmel showgrounds branch of Eddie Rockets and spent €15.70 on the B+c fries a burger and drink. You can get a burger meal for half that elsewhere.

I assume this move means the one in o'connell st no longer does the B+C fries. That is really the only thing I would want to get there from now on.

I always found it strange to see that Limerick was not listed on the ER site. Maybe this move had been planned for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    I was in the clonmel showgrounds branch of Eddie Rockets and spent €15.70 on the B+c fries a burger and drink. You can get a burger meal for half that elsewhere.

I assume this move means the one in o'connell st no longer does the B+C fries. That is really the only thing I would want to get there from now on.

I always found it strange to see that Limerick was not listed on the ER site. Maybe this move had been planned for a while

I doubt Eddie Rockets have a patent on Bacon & Cheese fries.

113 Arramount

This is still trading just moved to a new premises a while back

115 Euro 2. I passed this store recently how can it be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

This is a bit depressing

Does anyone know anything about the feehans foodstore in Thomondgate. I passed recently and it was closed and their facebook page is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Was surprised to see that Wallis has closed in Cruises Street. When did that happen? I was really shocked as I had always thought that ladies clothes shop did well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

angeleyes wrote: »
    Was surprised to see that Wallis has closed in Cruises Street. When did that happen? I was really shocked as I had always thought that ladies clothes shop did well.

Closed a few weeks now. The staff are doing done kind of strike about the redundancy payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seems the staff turned up for work in Wallis and people were there to say "ah we've closed down, thanks but go home". So I'd say the ill treatment meant they've decided to picket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Seems the staff turned up for work in Wallis and people were there to say "ah we've closed down, thanks but go home". So I'd say the ill treatment meant they've decided to picket.

Didn't they have a closing down sale though. Seems they closed earlier than expected so and caught out the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

<SNIP>

Mod Post: Without a link to back that up, it is just speculation and that kind of speculation cannot be discussed in the open forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

shaka wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Where have you heard this from?

Staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

Sign outside McGoverns Menswear on Bedford Row saying 'Closing Down Sale' Lovely stuff in there but twas always a bit expensive for me, sorry to see another mans shop go though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Sign outside McGoverns Menswear on Bedford Row saying 'Closing Down Sale' Lovely stuff in there but twas always a bit expensive for me, sorry to see another mans shop go though.

Went in there a few times, but never bought anything there. Was either too expensive or just too old. Sad to see another shop go though,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Sad to see such a long running business closing. Business in Limerick is really dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

vkid wrote: »
    Went in there a few times, but never bought anything there. Was either too expensive or just too old. Sad to see another shop go though,.

yeah the quality of clothes was top notch but very expensive and shop was always empty whenever I passed!

You came blame high rent and rates for a start and then the lack of money for some people.

Regards Wallis I did hear they would be closing but surprised they closed early. The owners were restructuring. I believe the childers road store is staying.

The council need to address the high rates issue. We are not in the celtic tiger anymore and they need to ensure the rates reflect that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the Bailey Bar closed?Sign up there today saying closed until further notice

• Advertisement

They have a facebook so you could leave them a message asking them.

They dont mention anything at all about being closed though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I hope the Bailey isn't closed, one of the nicest bars in Limerick. Though sadly, most of the time I go there, it is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭adaminho

bigpink wrote: »
    Is the Bailey Bar closed?Sign up there today saying closed until further notice

from their facebook
    TheBailey Bar Limerick
    To all our amazing friends, the past 2 years has flown by mainly due to all the fun we have had with you all. The Bailey as you know it is no more but we will see you very soon somewhere else. Thank you for all the laughs and love... From all of us xxx Donna, Milena, Maeve, Sean, Adam, Shane, Sebastian, Yubaraj, Prabesh, Rakesh, Phurba, Alex, Alan,Ben x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

See John Moloney motors on the Dock Rd has ceased trading.
    Liquidators removed almost all the stock last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    See John Moloney motors on the Dock Rd has ceased trading.
    Liquidators removed almost all the stock last week.

I was sad to see this. I have bought a few cars off them. One of the salesmen told me that3/5 people were being refused credit for cars and that it affected them big time.

I don't know how true that figure is. It's what I was told and I have no reason to doubt him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Saw a sign on the empty lot behind the car wash on the Ballysimon for John Maloney and some cars in it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Closing Down Sale sign in Imasa on Sarsfield Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Wow, that's mad. They always used to seem very busy when they were on O'Connell St. I bought loads there, until they went a bit downhill a year or so ago.

Wilbert13 wrote: »

Should never of moved from o Connell st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shaka wrote: »
    Should never of moved from o Connell st

Rates and other expenses coupled with falling footfall has meant a lot of city centre businesses had to move location in order to try and stay open.

Easy to say they should never have moved, but most likely if they stayed put they would have been gone much sooner.

Is a pity though, and I hope those involved find work quickly or start something else quickly.

Advertisement