Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They were on a main throughfare where they were and forced another business out of the center because they were willing to pay more than the other tenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mc Love wrote: »
    They were on a main throughfare where they were and forced another business out of the center because they were willing to pay more than the other tenant.

Would hardly be the first business to do such a thing in Limerick , and there are certainly a number of others still operating in Limerick that have done similar.

My point still stands though, a business does not move from a supposedly prime location to a supposedly lesser location unless there are economic reasons for them to do so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

I think they moved because they were getting a rent free premises for 6 months on Sarsfield street. Isn't that what they were advertising for those units?

If that is the case they were probably already in trouble. Sad to see another city business go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I think they moved because they were getting a rent free premises for 6 months on Sarsfield street. Isn't that what they were advertising for those units?

If that is the case they were probably already in trouble. Sad to see another city business go.

it's 6 months free if you sign up for 18 months afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I was shopping the Cresent a few weeks back and saw Barrotts shoes was closing down. That surprised me but I guess times are still tough and Not sure the rate reduction will do much for retailers. The falling footfall in the city centre is due to numerous things. One rates two parking an three too many shopping centres in a small city. If we did not have so many we would have more people in the city centre shopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

....not to mention the new crack squad of Traffic Wardens :).

Be afraid. Be very afraid.;)

Is amphibian king closed? Passed by it yesterday and it was!

Is amphibian king closed? Passed by it yesterday and it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They close on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Just read that Ivan's in caherdavin is shutting down with loss of nearly 40 jobs. (Limerick leader)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Just read that Ivan's in caherdavin is shutting down with loss of nearly 40 jobs. (Limerick leader)

:( That's a shame. Same article mentions that Lifestyle is closing its shop in Arthur's Quay.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/ivan-s-shop-on-limerick-s-northside-closes-1-5819508

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

:( That's a shame. Same article mentions that Lifestyle is closing its shop in Arthur's Quay.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/ivan-s-shop-on-limerick-s-northside-closes-1-5819508

Was in Lifestyle a few weeks back & thought the amount of stock in the place was quite low plus loads of stuff on sale.Sad to see both go although I always thought Ivans was on the expensive side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

sleepyman wrote: »
    Was in Lifestyle a few weeks back & thought the amount of stock in the place was quite low plus loads of stuff on sale.Sad to see both go although I always thought Ivans was on the expensive side

Sales of poor quality quilted jackets and poor quality jeans with tracksuit pants type ankle openings have eclipsed the classic trackies and tackies combo.

Progress if it cuts down the amount of hand down pants in public types...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Ya sorry to see them go . Saying that wife and I had stopped using it , had got short changed 3 times in two months and last time when I pointed it out the lady (not) on counter was quiet snotty about it and didn't even offer an apology. Had great deli and magazine section but a terrible choice in drinks to go with your lunch roll :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Ya. The deli was excellent. I just find it so sad to see all these places closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

I just hope something is done with it & it's not left to rot like Jims shop was on the North Circular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

shaka wrote: »
    Ya sorry to see them go . Saying that wife and I had stopped using it , had got short changed 3 times in two months and last time when I pointed it out the lady (not) on counter was quiet snotty about it and didn't even offer an apology. Had great deli and magazine section but a terrible choice in drinks to go with your lunch roll :(

I found the staff to be utterly rude tbh. We ordered my mum's 70th birthday cake and they couldn't have been more ignorant behind the cake area.

Sad to see it go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I found the staff to be utterly rude tbh. We ordered my mum's 70th birthday cake and they couldn't have been more ignorant behind the cake area.

Sad to see it go though.

Some of the staff weren't the most charming, but the tall Polish guy on the check-out (don't know his name) was excellent. Always friendly and helpful.

Wouldn't like to see him lumped in with the sour-faced ones some of whom were totally lacking in social skills where customers were concerned. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

sleepyman wrote: »
    I just hope something is done with it & it's not left to rot like Jims shop was on the North Circular.

There's some whispers that it'll be rebranded as a Centra or similar so hopefully it won't be idle for long.

Am I right in thinking that Ivan himself owned the big country house in Monard, Co. Tipperary which sold recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭pigtown

Article in the Leader says The Kitchen Range on Catherine St. is closing due to the retirement of the owner. Says it will be replaced by an exciting new venture and to keep an eye on the website/facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

The Dagda wrote: »
    There's some whispers that it'll be rebranded as a Centra or similar so hopefully it won't be idle for long.

Am I right in thinking that Ivan himself owned the big country house in Monard, Co. Tipperary which sold recently?

I think Centra at Northtown Shopping Centre might have something to say about that. The area has too many supermarkets for the area...all the big boys (Dunnes, Lidl, Tesco) plus aforementioned Centra and Mace in Caherdavin SC.

Still, I'll miss Ivans...in its day it was a goldmine. I still remember the original shop called Frankies...which Ivan bought.

About the Monard house....a friend who lives there confirmed its sold (i.e sale agreed sign)....some house!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Just to make it clear. Personal comments or similar discussion regarding the staff that worked at Ivans (especially comments that make the staff easy to identify) are not going to be allowed in this forum, and any attempts at similar comments/discussion regarding the man who owned the business will also be deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I have removed the comments regarding Marco Polo as per the Mod post in Post 1 as there is not sufficient evidence of such. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Cornstore at Home is closing soon. :(

Mod Edit: A named source or a link to that source please.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

The Cornstore at Home is closing soon. :(

Aw no :( I love the deli there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I think harass burritos is closed went to get one at 10 o clock last tuesday and it was closed and passed Thursday round the same time and shut up but nearly shur saw it open at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bigpink wrote: »
    I think harass burritos is closed went to get one at 10 o clock last tuesday and it was closed and passed Thursday round the same time and shut up but nearly shur saw it open at 6

Moving to Cruises Street according to Limerick Business opening thread.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

According to Facebook, their kitchen roof took a battering in the storms and they had to stay closed a few times to deal with leaks. Relocating was a better option than the cost of all the repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,225 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Passed by this evening and the Fairgreen Great Gas Filling station appears to be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭djdunny

bazz26 wrote: »
    Passed by this evening and the Fairgreen Great Gas Filling station appears to be closed.

Meant to put this up the other day, I passed it on Sunday and it was closed about 1pm,also passed it on Monday and it was closed.

Advertisement