Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Can i ask when did Escape Beauty go/close Beside Strand Hotel/Energise gym ??

A good few months ago. There is a new salon there now. It's called Bliss beauty. Different staff and management though as far as I can see.

I am so sad to see the Cellar Door closing. It was one of my favourite places to go in Limerick :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Maybe Cellar Door will open somewhere else or are they gone gone.

Shame but I am not surprised, the whole of Thomas Street, Little Catherine Street, Catherine Street and Bedford Row is covered with a glut of cafes.

I was expecting some to close. More too when Costa opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Maybe Cellar Door will open somewhere else or are they gone gone.

Shame but I am not surprised, the whole of Thomas Street, Little Catherine Street, Catherine Street and Bedford Row is covered with a glut of cafes.

I was expecting some to close. More too when Costa opens.

Perhaps Insomnia might close - its only advantage is it's the only place in that particular location. I think most other places are safe from Costa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Pity about the cellar door was only in it twice but they seemed great any idea they trying a new location?
    Said strange because how many places have closed for minor things but to never reopen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

bigpink wrote: »
    Pity about the cellar door was only in it twice but they seemed great any idea they trying a new location?
    Said strange because how many places have closed for minor things but to never reopen

Why did it close? Was never in there myself, but the basement of a pub is a strange place for a coffee shop...was always kind of curious what it was like though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

vkid wrote: »
    Why did it close? Was never in there myself, but the basement of a pub is a strange place for a coffee shop...was always kind of curious what it was like though

I'd say that's the problem right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Vineyard off-licence on Mount Kenneth Place is gone ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Don't know if it was mentioned already but My Funky Baby on Sarsfield Street is gone!

Edit: just saw on facebook that they're relocating but haven't found new premises yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

Curleys Office supplies and stationary on Little Ellen St are having a retirement sale.

Tom Tailor on Bedford Row are having a closing down sale. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 PrimaryRush

Tom Tailor on Bedford Row are having a closing down sale. 

Tom Tailor left the shop 7 months ago and was replaced with Tailor of Blue. It went from a good shop to a crap shop.

Tom Tailor left the shop 7 months ago and was replaced with Tailor of Blue. It went from a good shop to a crap shop.

I thought that went into McGoverns unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, Tom Taikor closed earlier in the year and nothing went in there. The shop reopened earlier in the month selling off clothes.

Tailor of Blue have gone into the McGovern's/Jack and Jones unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Pascals/O'Reillys in Corbally gone. That pub never seems to work, no matter who runs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Pascals/O'Reillys in Corbally gone. That pub never seems to work, no matter who runs it.

According to a lad I know that drinks there is will be re-opening again soon by someone else. Supposedly it was due to close for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Has unigolf in Castletroy closed? Went out there a few weeks back and the gates were shut

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Colemania wrote: »
    Has unigolf in Castletroy closed? Went out there a few weeks back and the gates were shut

Ya they are closed over 6 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

lazyman wrote: »
    Ya they are closed over 6 months now

Woah, didn't now that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

The Euro shop in Arthurs Quay (Where Lifestyle used to be) appears to be cleared out.

I heard that they were going to make it the worlds first drive through tesco in response to the significant amount of chronically lazy people who can't park anywhere except right at the door, across the zebra crossing. Failing that, diagonally across two wheelchair spaces is also fair game.

Spot on. While there are too many disabled spots( some very far from the actual door), it is the most frustrating thing to see people blatantly parking in the disabled spots and right outside the front door due to utter laziness. Why tesco don't stop them is beyond me. They will literally park in the disabled spot instead of one 10 yards further away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Just to reiterate the mod warning at the start of this thread:
    Ladies and Gents

Unfortunately, we have had to lock the original thread. Over the past few weeks it has turned into a rumour mill. We cannot have this I'm afraid.

So here is Version 2.0. The rule of this thread is simple. If you're going to highlight a business as "closed" or "closing", you must back up the claim with sufficient evidence.

Unsubstantiated rumours will be deleted, and from now on will receive an infraction. I'm afraid we have to do this folks as rumours can be damaging to both employees and employers.

Thanks

D

I have deleted and warned some posters on this thread. It's difficult for businesses as it is without these rumours, please don't speculate unless it's backed up. Please PM a mod if you have any questions about this rule. Thanks!

Passed the Munster Rugby store today and the shutters were pulled down? Anyone got more info?

Passed the Munster Rugby store today and the shutters were pulled down? Anyone got more info?

The Munster Rugby store is now on the 1st floor of Lifestyle Sports on William Street. Lifestyle took over as the official store last year and it was just a case of winding down the old store. Signs have been up on the windows of the store on O'Connell street since before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's owned and operated by lifestyle and the recent munster q&a was done on william street so maybe they amalgamated the stores together into William street

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Lease now up on that building so everything moved to William St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

The ToyBox toyshop on O'Connell Street was emptied today.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

The ToyBox toyshop on O'Connell Street was emptied today.

According to their facebook page they will be relocating to a new location in Limerick in the "coming months"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭RINO87

rent must be astronomical for that unit. nobody seems to make it work. Worrying times on o connell st with that and the munster rugby shop empty, hopefully filled soon!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

RINO87 wrote: »
    rent must be astronomical for that unit. nobody seems to make it work. Worrying times on o connell st with that and the munster rugby shop empty, hopefully filled soon!!

Munster Rugby didn't leave because of the rent. They outsourced their merchandising to Lifestyle Sports back in 2013 and only stayed in the unit because they couldn't break the lease.

• Advertisement

Munster Rugby didn't leave because of the rent. They outsourced their merchandising to Lifestyle Sports back in 2013 and only stayed in the unit because they couldn't break the lease.

I assume he is talking about the Toybox and not the Munster Rugby store.

Advertisement