Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Thats a shame. I hope they find new premises soon. To be honest where it was not a good location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

See the Westward Ho is after closing shame as it has such potential https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1501692640072575

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

Halo on Roches Street are closed although I think the staff have moved to another hair salon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

See the Westward Ho is after closing shame as it has such potential https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1501692640072575
    Is it though? I'm intrigued by the "Look at ur messages clown" response to the post saying it is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Is it though? I'm intrigued by the "Look at ur messages clown" response to the post saying it is closed.

Just in case anyone didn't see their fb post, they are still open:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=345615708962431&id=100226000168071

• Advertisement

Cool. Do you need to dress like a clown?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Cool. Do you need to dress like a clown?

Possibly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Umekichi wrote: »
    Just in case anyone didn't see their fb post, they are still open:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=345615708962431&id=100226000168071

Good stuff, should know better than to trust something from a politician :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hate dragging up.this thread after a month..

Scotts has ceased trading..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hate dragging up.this thread after a month..

Scotts has ceased trading..

Not surprising but hate to see it closed at the same time. Hopefully someone will take it over soon. Its a fine bar

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

ivans is back open again as a coffee shop

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Not surprising but hate to see it closed at the same time. Hopefully someone will take it over soon. Its a fine bar

Agreed, that whole complex is a shame to see now compared to 7-8 years ago, there was Vivo (convenience shop) and the off licence there as well as a restaurant over Scotts, now it's just Four Star :(

Agreed, that whole complex is a shame to see now compared to 7-8 years ago, there was Vivo (convenience shop) and the off licence there as well as a restaurant over Scotts, now it's just Four Star :(

You'd wonder how those businesses aren't surviving given the amount of people, especially students living around that area. I can remener when Scotts was jammed on Saturday nights. There was often 3 or 4 parties on there at once. The recession really killed that place.

Yeah, dunno how an offie of all things could not make money with students around!

Yeah, dunno how an offie of all things could not make money with students around!

I know the guy who owned that. He's not great with money to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The next nearest off-license also closed down months ago, Chill. It's strange alright as you say with the big catchment area there.

Scott's used to be packed, parties upstairs, private parties downstairs, lots of regulars. A lot of the super pubs have struggled though and Scott's seems to have struggled more than any.

Jofspring wrote: »
    The next nearest off-license also closed down months ago, Chill. It's strange alright as you say with the big catchment area there.

Scott's used to be packed, parties upstairs, private parties downstairs, lots of regulars. A lot of the super pubs have struggled though and Scott's seems to have struggled more than any.

There's an offie in centra on the dock rd. They always have cheap beer, spirits and wine on offer. Smaller offies just can't compete with it especially when students are their target market

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Shame to see it close, was a lovely bar when it opened...chinese upstairs was nice aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There's an offie in centra on the dock rd. They always have cheap beer, spirits and wine on offer. Smaller offies just can't compete with it especially when students are their target market

O ya I forgot about he offie in centra

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    The next nearest off-license also closed down months ago, Chill. It's strange alright as you say with the big catchment area

I think all the offies in the Chill franchise/chain closed down together, not just the one near Ballinacurra. That one had a great selection of European stuff too. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

The problem with everything in that centre, in my experience, was price, the pharmacy, shop and offie were all too pricey for the target market.

I live up near fennesseys and I would pass vivo to go to centra because it was cheaper and better quality stuff. And it's quite something to say that centra was cheaper than someplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Ah ffs. glad I spotted that Scotts was closed down, I have a do booked there in a few weeks!!!!:( Nothing about it on their facebook!

Ah ffs. glad I spotted that Scotts was closed down, I have a do booked there in a few weeks!!!!:( Nothing about it on their facebook!

They didn't even get in touch with you? Gowls

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭manna452121

Bobs N Brows on the Ennis rd closed this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Mannion Dry cleaners Athlunkard St closed

Cafe Mocha Grove Island gone also sounds like issue with high rents again

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

kilburn wrote: »
    Mannion Dry cleaners Athlunkard St closed

Cafe Mocha Grove Island gone also sounds like issue with high rents again

Dry Cleaners opening up on Nicholas Street a couple of years ago, took business from it (mine anyway).

Also Hook & Ladder opening surely took business from Cafe Mocha? Not exactly the same menu I know but would imagine it had an effect..

This is like the time I complained about Xtravision closing only to realise my last few rentals were from iTunes :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Dry Cleaners opening up on Nicholas Street a couple of years ago, took business from it (mine anyway).

Also Hook & Ladder opening surely took business from Cafe Mocha? Not exactly the same menu I know but would imagine it had an effect..

This is like the time I complained about Xtravision closing only to realise my last few rentals were from iTunes :-/

My mother knows the man who owned Cafe Mocha. High rents an issue but it was a loss making business.

I guess he felt the time was right to shut up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ginos chipper on Upper Henry Street looks to have changed hands already. It seems to be another kebab shop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

Dinos Diner (formally Johns St Diner) on Johns St looks to be close last few days i walked past it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Bentlys Bar in O Conell St closed since Monday nite ! Pity it was a good spot probably a bit far away from other busy spots !

Advertisement