Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Am I the only one who feels it is a little bit sad that HMV closing down has somebody concerned about a reduction by one of the number of places to buy video games in Limerick.

How is it sad swiper just cause i said video games ??? if u used your head beside complaining & posting crap You know most of the shops are closed down that sold console games like game,xtravision, golden discs (in limerick) & now Hmv that leaves hardly any shops in limerick. u can apply that to any thing like cds, boxsets & blu-rays as well. It sad when u think about all the shops that are gone & what the city is turning into.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Most people download games now though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

How is it sad swiper just cause i said video games ??? if u used your head beside complaining & posting crap You know most of the shops are closed down that sold console games like game,xtravision, golden discs (in limerick) & now Hmv that leaves hardly any shops in limerick. u can apply that to any thing like cds, boxsets & blu-rays as well. It sad when u think about all the shops that are gone & what the city is turning into.

What's the problem here pal? Where have I complained and posted crap?
    It's a sign of the times and a generational thing, I wasn't having a pop at you. There will be absolutely nowhere to buy mainstream CD's and records now, you've still a few places to buy your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What's the problem here pal? Where have I complained and posted crap?
    It's a sign of the times and a generational thing, I wasn't having a pop at you. There will be absolutely nowhere to buy mainstream CD's and records now, you've still a few places to buy your games.

Sorry about that swiper I apologise I thought u calling me sad & not the other sad as in opposite to happy. Games was 1st thing that popped into my head. Should have said box sets & blue-Rays & you are right about that few places to buy them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭goochy

Please stop conforming to stereotype of video games being bought by children ir childish people . LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

The Sandwich Shop on Thomas Street is closed, staff were telling customers last week that it was closing and it's locked up today. A pity, it was a little goldmine up to a couple of years ago when it changed hands, I ate there a couple of times a week, the staff that had been there left and in my opinion, the quality of the food declined. I stopped going in except for once a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

The Sandwich Shop on Thomas Street is closed, staff were telling customers last week that it was closing and it's locked up today. A pity, it was a little goldmine up to a couple of years ago when it changed hands, I ate there a couple of times a week, the staff that had been there left and in my opinion, the quality of the food declined. I stopped going in except for once a month or so.

What was the name of it? Where exactly on Thomas Street was it located?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It was called the Sandwich shop, directly across from coqbull.

Is GameStop in town closed or just undergoing renovations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thats such a pity. It was a great spot to sit and people watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Jofspring wrote: »
    Is GameStop in town closed or just undergoing renovations?

renovations its on their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

That's a real shame. It was one of my favourite places to hang out. Thought the staff were lovely and they were very generous with the grub. I was a regular there and they used to give me a 'special price', which was very decent of them.

It's a prime unit so I guess it won't be long until something else opens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    It's a prime unit so I guess it won't be long until something else opens there.

I don't think "prime unit" means much in Limerick these days. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a kebab shop opened in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I don't think "prime unit" means much in Limerick these days. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a kebab shop opened in there.

Do you ever have anything nice to say?

dunworth1 wrote: »

I don't see how what I said above qualifies as not nice. It's the truth. Maybe it's the truth that isn't nice. All I said was that I wouldn't be surprised if the unit occupied by The Sandwich Shop was to reopen as a takeaway joint.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's not "not nice", it's true. How many prime city centre units are taken up with discount stores & kebab shops?

Speaking of fast food, another Chinese opening at the top of Denmark street up past Flannerys.

Jaysus, is the purpose of this forum to say nice things or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Limerick is actually missing a top quality sandwich shop. One with a good choice of breads, especially of the healthier variety and a large range of ingredients. Soup on O'Connell St nearly had it right but the quality dipped and the range of soup on offer got smaller.

I would like to see something like Toss'd or Blazing Salads (both in Dublin!) open in the Sandwich Shop. It's hard to get a good salad in Limerick these days.

Cafe Noir was good for sandwiches and salads.

• Advertisement

A friend commented on the owners FB page of Tom and Jerrys. It's closing its doors on Monday so it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Is that a pub?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

vkid wrote: »
    Is that a pub?

'tis. If that's true the old White House Poets will have to hop back on the wagon train and find another new home!

The owners of the next pub they turn up in might get a bit nervous ...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

In the city today and Bake1 seems to have closed? Is that a recent thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭sioda

Gone a few weeks now not surprised coffee was poor and the service had gone to the dogs in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

An File wrote: »
    'tis. If that's true the old White House Poets will have to hop back on the wagon train and find another new home!

I can see the moany Facebook pages already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

An File wrote: »

Maybe they can go to the new "arts cafe" that opened in the old tourist office in Arthurs Quay park.

I'm sure they'd relish the opportunity to support a business that purposefully markets itself as an "arts" cafe.

It is a fine big space too.

Or would the lack of alcohol be more important to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didnt they move to Charlie Malones?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

The Sandwich Shop on Thomas Street is closed, staff were telling customers last week that it was closing and it's locked up today.

always thought that place was doing well, anyone know where the staff have gone to ?

Advertisement