Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

bazz26 wrote: »
    A nice restaurant would be great in the Crescent SC. Not talking about another poor quality fast food place like KFC or Mickey D's. A Nando's or TGI Friday would be at least a step up from them.

Isint Del Arte there?

Wouldn't be a big fan of it or the crescent mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

elastico wrote: »
    and a Marks and Spencer.
    Given that M&S plan to close 60 stores over the next 5 years, I wouldn't be holding my breath for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Irish_rat wrote: »
    A nice restaurant would be great in the Crescent SC. Not talking about another poor quality fast food place like KFC or Mickey D's. A Nando's or TGI Friday would be at least a step up from them.

Isint Del Arte there?

Wouldn't be a big fan of it or the crescent mind.

I believe he said nice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I believe he said nice

Yeah but then he said tgi's :)

It's funny, in the us where it started tgi is pretty much seen as just a bit better than McDonalds . It has a higher image outside the US

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I actually said something like Nondo's and TGI Friday would be at least a step up from McDonalds. Del Arte is meh imo.

Is that Spurs place still open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I actually said something like Nondo's and TGI Friday would be at least a step up from McDonalds. Del Arte is meh imo.

Spur -> Del Arte -> Sorrento is the new name on that unit.

Its changed hands again?

Its changed hands again?

Logo change only I'd say.

Ate in spur. Once.
    Ate in del arte. Once.
    I'm gonna have to hear some rave reviews before I bother with sorrento.

Wasn't my bag but if others enjoy it, good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Del Arte is in the old Spur unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Sure someone didnt just crash a kia into it?

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »
    Sure someone didnt just crash a kia into it?

da dum tish!

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

As someone who works in The Crescent, I would love a Nando's or another sit-down restaurant. Sorrento is slow on service and KFC, McDonalds and rockin' joes make you feel sluggish after lunch. There are only so many sandwiches I can eat from O'Brien's and other places :P

As someone who shops regularly in New Look but hates the city one, I was very disappointed when I saw Easons came to the Crescent. That space could have made a great clothes shop of some sort.

I just hope they use the space wisely cause when I shop there I am normally finished by Claires as there is nowhere else I need. (if I start down from Next/River Island)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Aragneer wrote: »

I just hope they use the space wisely cause when I shop there I am normally finished by Claires as there is nowhere else I need. (if I start down from Next/River Island)

I think loads of people only shop in the new part. It was terribly designed when they built on the extensions that they essentially created a centre of two halves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

With the renovations and new raised ceilings it is hard to tell which part is the "new" part these days.

Place looks great. Hopefully new restaurant will be decent as the others are just average at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Hopefully new restaurant will be decent as the others are just average at best.

Just be thankful you never had to experience the old one across from Tesco, think it was called Katys? Something with beginning with a K :D

Katy's was in the Parkway. It was the Centrepiece that was across from Tesco, where Diesel is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Katy's was in the Parkway. It was the Centrepiece that was across from Tesco, where Diesel is now.

Jesus, that's a blast from the past, really brings back the memories of my earliest memories of shopping in Limerick. Spaights, the closed Dunnes in town, Roches Stores and Smyth's on Henry Street are other things I remember, grew up an hour from Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jesus, that's a blast from the past, really brings back the memories of my earliest memories of shopping in Limerick. Spaights, the closed Dunnes in town, Roches Stores and Smyth's on Henry Street are other things I remember, grew up an hour from Limerick.

Wish Smyths hadnt closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Is Tribikes Raheen closed or on Hols seemed that shutters are down last few days !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Is Tribikes Raheen closed or on Hols seemed that shutters are down last few days !

i wouldn't be supprised the stock levels have been very low the last while
    everyone in my club has pretty much moved to THE HUB

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

What was the name of the restaurant in the old Dunnes again?
    That was my dinner every Saturday for years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Harambe wrote: »
    What was the name of the restaurant in the old Dunnes again?
    That was my dinner every Saturday for years :pac:

Harrys

Berty wrote: »
    Harrys

I used to love going to Harry's after being dragged into town with my Mam. Harry and his wife run the cafe in the Belltable now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Harry's had great sausage/beans/chips and had cool Norman Rockwell prints on the wall.

That was a different Limerick - I'd love to go back and walk around it for a day. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Be surprosed thought they were cleaning up with cycling so popular

bigpink wrote: »
    Be surprosed thought they were cleaning up with cycling so popular

Still shut at Midday today !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Derbhoy wrote:
    Still shut at Midday today !

If your looking for a bike check out The Hub at Connagh Cross. Staff are very knowledgeable. I would rate them much more than tribikes.

Sadly Tribikes seems to have gone in to Liquidation .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Sadly Tribikes seems to have gone in to Liquidation .

:-/ Started going there after Siopa Rothar closed. Patrickswell or The Hub for me now I suppose.

Advertisement