Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Has Enzos on william st shut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Has Enzos on william st shut?

They had an application in for what seems like a re-vamp so maybe they got the go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Jofspring wrote: »
    They had an application in for what seems like a re-vamp so maybe they got the go ahead?

Yes, I believe he's upgrading/decorating. I think it'll take away the charm in a way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Absolutely. Even the cutlery and crockery was old fashioned. Watch this...he'll open back up and you'll get your fish and chips on a board. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Absolutely. Even the cutlery and crockery was old fashioned. Watch this...he'll open back up and you'll get your fish and chips on a board. :pac:

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

At least they are still in buisness! Hope the grub remains the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Or worse. Fish on a slate and chips in a mini grill basket! 💩

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Vanquished wrote: »
    Or worse. Fish on a slate and chips in a mini grill basket! 💩

thumb_IMG_0082_1024.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Jamie oliver has a lot to answer for on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see Heatons/Sportsworld beside big Dunnes on the Childers Road have a closing down sale. Just in Sportsworld and they moving in downstairs but Heatons is closing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is that a nationwide closure or just on Childers Road? I know Sports Direct bought out the other shares in Heatons last year, so could this be a move toward all stores being amalgamated to the Sportsworld brand? Or the opening of The Range may have caused a decline in sales in that Heatons so they're closing that one but keeping better performers.

Eta: A quick google shows that they've done this already in a few places around the country. Ie; shut the Heatons part of the store and kept/expanded the Sportsworld part.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think they are rebranding Heatons under the Sportsworld/Sportsdirect name. Also Heatons would never be competing with The Range. The Range competes with the likes of Home Base, B&Q, etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Range competes with the likes of Home Base, B&Q, etc.

It does and it doesn't. The Range does some home furnishings/DIY stuff like those two but not as much. They all do Christmas decorations but The Range would have a crossover with a lot of the stuff that just Heatons and Homestore and More did until this year. The same with Halloween decorations/costumes. Heatons and The Range both have toy departments, sell pop culture posters, craft stuff, have sizeable toiletry areas, etc. Apart from the clothing (and the Range does have some novelty clothing) everything that Heatons sell are also sold by The Range. There is a huge crossover in the type of stuff they sell and I suspect Heatons rely a lot on their non-clothing ranges especially over Christmas, though their toy selection was poor this year compared to before Sports Direct took control. In 2014 and 2015 the toy prices in Heatons were way better like for like than Smyths, Argos, Toys'r'Us or World of Wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

So if the Heatons at Childers Road is closing/rebranding as Sports Direct, then I assume the store in the Cresent Shopping Centre will eventually rebrand as well seeing as it would be owned by Sports Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

A_smurf wrote: »
    So if the Heatons at Childers Road is closing/rebranding as Sports Direct, then I assume the store in the Cresent Shopping Centre will eventually rebrand as well seeing as it would be owned by Sports Direct?
    It's been rumored that Heatons might be closing their Crescent store for a while now. Be interesting to see if it happens or not, don't think the Crescent needs another sports store and not sure how well one would do in that location. It's probably the worst mall in the centre now. Heatons will be no loss though, full of garbage from top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

planning notice up at Eamon Nicholas butcher in Annacotty Village, looking to change the use to an Apache Pizza...
    Planning ref number 17109

don't know if this should be here or in limerick business opening section..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

I see fitrite on Thomas Street are closing down. Zip yard killed them off eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sioda wrote: »
    I see fitrite on Thomas Street are closing down. Zip yard killed them off eventually

That's a pity.

sioda wrote: »

It's actually closing due to retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Pity to see them close. They gave a great friendly service and their charges were very reasonable too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

tippman1 wrote: »
    Pity to see them close. They gave a great friendly service and their charges were very reasonable too.

Often better and cheaper than Zipyard.More friendly also
    Zipyard may do more social media and advertising but a good business stands the test of time
    May i give a plug for the place in roches st dancing needles such good service

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Happy it's to retirement and not straight closure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Has the Treasury restaurant closed?

shaka wrote: »
    Has the Treasury restaurant closed?
    Yup, it's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Townie_P wrote: »
    It's been rumored that Heatons might be closing their Crescent store for a while now. Be interesting to see if it happens or not, don't think the Crescent needs another sports store and not sure how well one would do in that location. It's probably the worst mall in the centre now. Heatons will be no loss though, full of garbage from top to bottom.

God, I really hope Heatons closes.

I work in The Crescent and some of the shops in there just are ridiculous. Tbh, I don't think Heatons or Shaws should be in there.

If they want to be a modern shopping centre, those places need to close, alongside that shop that sells tack beside the ladies toilets.

Some other shops there shouldn't be there either. When they sold the retail space, it seems like they didn't know what kind of branding/feel they were going for.

Still annoyed at Eason's being there...there is already a book shop there and it is good enough (I do not work there so that's not why I stick up for it).

Whenever my parents come into The Crescent (down from other county), I always feel ashamed going around when we go to maybe 4 shops and then are done for the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Aragneer wrote: »

I work in The Crescent and some of the shops in there just are ridiculous. Tbh, I don't think Heatons or Shaws should be in there.

If they want to be a modern shopping centre, those places need to close, alongside that shop that sells tack beside the ladies toilets.

Some other shops there shouldn't be there either. When they sold the retail space, it seems like they didn't know what kind of branding/feel they were going for.

Still annoyed at Eason's being there...there is already a book shop there and it is good enough (I do not work there so that's not why I stick up for it).

Whenever my parents come into The Crescent (down from other county), I always feel ashamed going around when we go to maybe 4 shops and then are done for the day..

You feel ashamed because there's a bookshop and some shops that don't befit a modern shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Aragneer wrote: »

Yes the crescent must be a complete embarrassment compared to all the great shopping plazas in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shaws own their unit so I dont see them leaving anytime soon, its also one of the biggest units that does quite well in such a modern shopping center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

What the hell did i just read :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

First of all: My parents live in Mayo, we are not FROM Mayo. So yes, where we are from there are plenty of shopping centres that stand up to expectations when we want to shop somewhere out of the rain and cold.

Secondly: I have spoken to many in the crescent (workers and shoppers) who feel the same as I.

Thirdly: As someone who loves books, I am not moaning that there is a bookshop in the crescent. I actually visit the crescent bookshop weekly. I am moaning that they used that massive retail space on an Easons.

Finally: Ashamed is the word I would use because i bring my parents for some nice day out, where they expect a little bit extra from our day.

Sorry for putting out an opinion but as a young person, I find the crescent underwhelming.

I must say the fact it has a BB's and a H&M are always something that makes me more cheerful :)

Did not mean to offend or be subject of ridicule. I will choose a different set of words next time.

Advertisement