Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

very expensive shop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

fryup wrote: »
    very expensive shop

Not just that, but I doubt many men below the age of 50 shop in there. It's my Dads (who's nearly 70) go to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sioda wrote: »
    I see Noels menswear are closing on Wickham Street. They will still have the shop on Bedford Row another nail in the coffin for Wickham street

Wickham St is due to be renovated
    fryup wrote: »
    very expensive shop

is it? It's similar to Connollys
    Not just that, but I doubt many men below the age of 50 shop in there. It's my Dads (who's nearly 70) go to shop.

I've shopped in there and I'm under 40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've shopped there and under 40, my last 2 suits and numerous shirts have come from there. I return there as I find the staff very helpful and I think they are priced similar to anywhere else. I'll be sorry to see it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

mdmix wrote: »
    Shame but I suppose it’s a bit out of the way. I would say the street should pick up a bit once the street works are finished, provided there is space to walk on the footpath
    I can already picture people flocking back to the hair braiding shops and Turkish barbers.

• Advertisement

How long has the Library nightclub been closed with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Well over a year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Limerick_Dub

I think it closed sometime during the second half of last year but I stand to be corrected on that. I haven't been there in well over a year/18 months now. Surprised it wasn't mentioned already on here (or maybe it was...)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Not sure if mentioned on here but The Library on Cornmarket Row is gone.

It was mentioned in this post from late July 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Leonards menswear closing. Retiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭black & white

I’m very sorry to hear that, nice people working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never been in but sad to see a long standing sole trader like closing down.

True. A Limerick institution. Hopefully the exterior is respected by whoever goes in there and they don't ruin it with garish signs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I’d say no fear of them a shop for the upper class Limerick old money people I’m sure they won’t starve

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

True. A Limerick institution. Hopefully the exterior is respected by whoever goes in there and they don't ruin it with garish signs.

Old school sign is nice but shut look at what’s opposite it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bigpink wrote: »
    I’d say no fear of them a shop for the upper class Limerick old money people I’m sure they won’t starve

We have to shop somewhere!

I think it closed sometime during the second half of last year but I stand to be corrected on that. I haven't been there in well over a year/18 months now. Surprised it wasn't mentioned already on here (or maybe it was...)
    College student here, don't know what it was but people just wouldn't go there at all. I remember a Rag week event being put on there that had to be cancelled due to lack of interest but had it been anywhere else it would've gone ahead. I've heard bad stories about bouncers too but you've heard them all before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Shame to see Leonard’s closing. Great service from the lads in there, bought a couple of suits for weddings over the years. Always very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

College student here, don't know what it was but people just wouldn't go there at all. I remember a Rag week event being put on there that had to be cancelled due to lack of interest but had it been anywhere else it would've gone ahead. I've heard bad stories about bouncers too but you've heard them all before.

it was turning in to a ****hole, overpacked & all. all type of weirdos in there as well then. men walking into the ladies toilets always. & one night bouncers were kicking in the door of the disabled toilet someone had locked the door & wouldnt come out. They closed for''renovations''. But the owner got tired of it in the end.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are they gone already or still open for another little while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »

You'd prefer another Dealz to open there so right?

Are they gone already or still open for another little while?

Think they are winding down slowly. Lots of stuff on sale at the moment. Are you looking for a tweed jacket and some cords?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Outdoor Adventure Store or OAS on Cruise Street ceased trading today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hard to see it lasting with mountain warehouse and regatta nearby. Online competition would be fierce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

It was very expensive in comparison to other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

Not sure if mentioned before, Ramen in the Crescent is closed. Sign on the window saying they are opening in another location in Limerick in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

So disappointed. Love their 6 b4 6 deal 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

source wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned before, Ramen in the Crescent is closed. Sign on the window saying they are opening in another location in Limerick in the coming weeks.

very surprising that a restaurant hasnt been able to make that place work, beside cinema, size of the crescent, was at a door thats open so allowed for take aways. Must be purely down to the rent thats charged.

Either that or with Milano opening it took some of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭topcat72

CONSI wrote: »
    very surprising that a restaurant hasnt been able to make that place work, beside cinema, size of the crescent, was at a door thats open so allowed for take aways. Must be purely down to the rent thats charged.

Either that or with Milano opening it took some of the business

True - that must be the fourth or fifth different restaurant ( mostly chains or franchises) that have been in that unit - esp given how the only food options at the Crescent SC are fast food or coffee . Unrealistic rent must be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I found the quality of food in Ramen very bad. Ate there twice and never went back. I've heard others saying similar.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement