Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

h3000 wrote: »
    I found the quality of food in Ramen very bad. Ate there twice and never went back. I've heard others saying similar.

Compared with other thai fusion style places eg Lana, Camile et al, it was rather expensive too I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭phog

h3000 wrote: »
    I found the quality of food in Ramen very bad. Ate there twice and never went back. I've heard others saying similar.

We eat in Ramen in Cork a few times a year and I think it is far superior to Ramen in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

CONSI wrote: »
    source wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned before, Ramen in the Crescent is closed. Sign on the window saying they are opening in another location in Limerick in the coming weeks.

very surprising that a restaurant hasnt been able to make that place work, beside cinema, size of the crescent, was at a door thats open so allowed for take aways. Must be purely down to the rent thats charged.

Either that or with Milano opening it took some of the business

Very hard to fill big space like Ramen in crescent. I'd say the rent was huge and sometimes place was quiet during the day. Impossible to get parking outside it so you would never go there for take away. One in Ivans surviving as it smaller space and less rent I'd imagine. I'm sorry see it go from crescent. Only restaurant in place where food wasn't crazy overpriced

CONSI wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned before, Ramen in the Crescent is closed. Sign on the window saying they are opening in another location in Limerick in the coming weeks.

very surprising that a restaurant hasnt been able to make that place work, beside cinema, size of the crescent, was at a door thats open so allowed for take aways. Must be purely down to the rent thats charged.

Either that or with Milano opening it took some of the business

Very hard to fill big space like Ramen in crescent. I'd say the rent was huge and sometimes place was quiet during the day. Impossible to get parking outside it so you would never go there for take away. One in Ivans surviving as it smaller space and less rent I'd imagine. I'm sorry see it go from crescent. Only restaurant in place where food wasn't crazy overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Heard a rumour that Ramen are moving into the Castletroy Centre where the old car accessory shop used to be so this makes sense.

• Advertisement

I wonder is del arte upstairs gone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

yogalady wrote: »

Whole unit was locked up when I was out there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

lazyman wrote: »
    Heard a rumour that Ramen are moving into the Castletroy Centre where the old car accessory shop used to be so this makes sense.

There is planning permission on the window there for conversion into a restaurant so you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

is that the place across from eddie Rockets/kfc entrance??

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

lazyman wrote: »

Don't think they are a patch on lana who are already in Castletroy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

The Asian Street Food wars. It begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Don't think they are a patch on lana who are already in Castletroy.

Not only are they not as good as Lana, Camile down by TK Max is a step higher again. Competition is never a bad thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

When did Moody Cow close in Arthur's Quay? It's someplace I rarely go, but was in town this morning and needed a few bits so ran into Tesco there and noticed it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

When did Moody Cow close in Arthur's Quay? It's someplace I rarely go, but was in town this morning and needed a few bits so ran into Tesco there and noticed it was gone.

At a guess, 8-9 months ago

At a guess, 8-9 months ago

That will tell you how long it is since I've been in Arthur's Quay! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Ramen was horrible.

I swear they were rationing the meat in there it was so rare to find any in your meal

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

I thought Ramen was great. Actually preferred it over Camille Thai and Lana. Ha I seem to be in the minority. Sad to see it go from the crescent.
    As posters have said it is a hard spot to fill. The crescent is fairly ****e for food options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Loved that place. Changed there name to Sorrentos. If I was in the cresent and wanted to eat always went there when they were downstairs. Could not go when only upstairs due to wheelchair.

But I remember I asked once if there was a way up to 1 of the staff in Ramen they said no but would ask if they would serve me and they did.

Tried Raman a few times and especially after the service above and always found it vegetable heavy with meat at a minimum and needed seasoning. The ice cream thing was a nice extra

Moon Dice wrote: »
    I thought Ramen was great. Actually preferred it over Camille Thai and Lana. Ha I seem to be in the minority. Sad to see it go from the crescent.
    As posters have said it is a hard spot to fill. The crescent is fairly ****e for food options.

Totally agree with you. Sad see it gone. Still open in Ivans and hopefully will reopen elsewhere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We were in there last week.

I'm not exaggerating. What we got was rank. We told the manager as much and showed them the "chicken". Disgusting.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

We were in there last week.

I'm not exaggerating. What we got was rank. We told the manager as much and showed them the "chicken". Disgusting.

I always found the food in Ivans one nicer

Korky's shoe shop at the bottom of Cruises St appears to be closed as well.
    I'm not surprised to be honest. It was always a terrible shop, always looked like they got the leftovers and rejects from other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Just passed River Deep Mountain High now, and the shutters were down. Shutters were also down some day last week. Is it closed? Would be a shame, good gear in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Niche means a small market. There obviously aren't enough vegans in Limerick to keep these places viable.

A pity that the likes of the Old Fire Station closed. Good healthy food at decent prices, and you have Burger King and McDonalds churning out poison who will go from strength to strength. I suppose they're cheaper and people want that but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

yep, obesity

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Outdoor Adventure Store (Former Mothercare unit, Cruises St) closed. Don’t think it was even open a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Outdoor Adventure Store (Former Mothercare unit, Cruises St) closed. Don’t think it was even open a year.

That's been closed a few weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Another Cruises street closure not good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

colm_mcm wrote: »

It was hard to see it lasting with the other outdoor shop a few doors down. Regatta seems to be doing good business in Arthur’s Quay too.

There was/is an over saturation of outdoor shops in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I find the staff in regatta to be the most knowledgeable and helpful outside of radar stores in foxes bow.

Advertisement