Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Just drove past Supermacs in Dooradoyle and it looks like it is gone. The Hungry Lyon has a sign up over the doors now whatever that is. Quick Google search and nothing about it.

i know hook & ladder is supposed to going in to that coffee place that is there now. i was only @ supermacs there last wk now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just drove past Supermacs in Dooradoyle and it looks like it is gone. The Hungry Lyon has a sign up over the doors now whatever that is. Quick Google search and nothing about it.

Just had a look online there and Supermacs on the Ennis Rd now seems to be The Hungry Lyons as well.

What's going on there?

Just had a look online there and Supermacs on the Ennis Rd now seems to be The Hungry Lyons as well.

What's going on there?
    your man is renovating that ennis road super macs there he is closing it for 2/3 days to do it.badly needs it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

What's going on there?
    http://www.thejournal.ie/supermacs-franchise-dispute-4668875-Jun2019/?amp=1
    Think this is the issue

sioda wrote: »

Ya your are right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Ah that makes sense so. Went in to the one in dooradoyle last week and they had no chicken saying it was a supplier issue. They have obviously cut ties with Supermacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

your man is renovating that ennis road super macs there he is closing it for 2/3 days to do it.badly needs it anyway.

Think the franchise owner is Lyons so that might explain the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 LimkTeach

Think the franchise owner is Lyons so that might explain the name.

Yes and they owned/ran Verona. When I read the name in the post further up I went onto facebook as I remember seeing they had a lion as their profile picture the day they welcome hook and ladder to dooradoyle. They have it up on the Verona Facebook page that today was the first day of their new business, The Hungry Lyons and they linked a facebook page for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Will have to head to Ballysimon so next time I fancy a chicken sandwich and garlic and cheese chip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Will have to head to Ballysimon so next time I fancy a chicken sandwich and garlic and cheese chip :D

I'm sure Pet won't be long sourcing new sites in close proximity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

LimkTeach wrote: »
    Yes and they owned/ran Verona. When I read the name in the post further up I went onto facebook as I remember seeing they had a lion as their profile picture the day they welcome hook and ladder to dooradoyle. They have it up on the Verona Facebook page that today was the first day of their new business, The Hungry Lyons and they linked a facebook page for that.

My only dealings with them are having picked up one of their beautiful dogs who gets out and roams, I’ve got her home at least 3 times now. All that money and not enough to put a name tag on their animals. Herself is not a bit nice about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

John and Anne Lyons own the one on the Ennis Road too. Any update on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

It's closed or closing apparently for refurbishments. I don't think it will do well if they rabranded it the hungry Lyon especially with KFC opening up across the road from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hungry Lyons posters going up there too at the moment!!

It's closed apparently for refurbishments as one poster mentioned earlier. I don't think it will do well if they rabranded it the hungry Lyon especially with KFC opening up across the road from it.

Dont forget Mc Donalds is only across the road as well From it. But they are all different type.Kfc is more chicken, Mcdonalds is more cheap eurosaver menu &''''supermacs'' or what ever now was like for garlic cheese chip, curry chip type.dont forget funworld is beside it as well. Match day & movies as well make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dont forget Mc Donalds is only across the road as well From it. But they are all different type.Kfc is more chicken, Mcdonalds is more cheap eurosaver menu &''''supermacs'' or what ever now was like for garlic cheese chip, curry chip type.dont forget funworld is beside it as well. Match day & movies as well make a big difference.

Fat Pat owns the Funworld name too so I doubt it.

Fat Pat owns the Funworld name too so I doubt it.
    I only heard he was just closing the restaurant part for few days to do it up& that part was grand he wasnt going near it.(that was only talking @ lunch today).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

I see it's already Hungry Lyons on Google Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭jjoconoor

Pat Mcdonagh finally won the war after losing the battle in the paper a few weeks ago. The guys in charge of those franchises were shorted numerous deliveries over last few weeks. They have had no choice but to leave the Supermac’s name! Pat Mcdonagh is definitely not the hero we all read about. The long standing business relationship destroyed and resulted in the aforementioned tactics to get back at them. Both Ennis road and Dooradoyle will be rebranded as “Hungry Lyons” and will be a massive blow to those restaurants! Sad dat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

They had an almighty falling out resulting in a court case so I would imagine the second the franchise agreement was up Pat pulled it. He is known for being notoriously tough in business.

• Advertisement

jjoconoor wrote: »
    Pat Mcdonagh finally won the war after losing the battle in the paper a few weeks ago. The guys in charge of those franchises were shorted numerous deliveries over last few weeks. They have had no choice but to leave the Supermac’s name! Pat Mcdonagh is definitely not the hero we all read about. The long standing business relationship destroyed and resulted in the aforementioned tactics to get back at them. Both Ennis road and Dooradoyle will be rebranded as “Hungry Lyons” and will be a massive blow to those restaurants! Sad dat

I say one is as bad as the other now I say. 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

didn't the same sort of thing happen with eddie rockets a few years back?

fryup wrote: »
    didn't the same sort of thing with eddie rockets a few years back?

Ya The 3 of them in limerick, changed to Rockin Joe's.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

The Ennis Road one now has the Hungry Lyons logo but the Supermacs signage stating it was undergoing renovation.

The now empty Ivans shop would be a handy number for Supermacs. Its got lots of parking, lots of space and is at a busy junction. Its even closer to Thomond Park than Lyons Supermacs was and Supermacs was always jammed after Rugby and GAA matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dooradoyle one was definitely open at 7pm. Was parked across road reading this forum(exciting life) and lights on and staff in dark polo shirts behind counter.

In my opinion it doesn't matter what the brand is but the location is perfect for a fast food outlet.

I always thought though that store was supermacs owned, not a franchise.

Ya The 3 of them in limerick, changed to Rockin Joe's.

And Cork and Galway. The franchisee ran out of cash after the Waterford branch burnt down.

Anyway Pet isn't finished in Limerick by a long shot, he'd open a kiosk outside Penneys if the opportunity arose.

And Cork and Galway. The franchisee ran out of cash after the Waterford branch burnt down.

Anyway Pet isn't finished in Limerick by a long shot, he'd open a kiosk outside Penneys if the opportunity arose.
    :rolleyes: mysteriously burnt down ??

:rolleyes: mysteriously burnt down ??

Chip pans are dangerous.

They are actually Cousins Mc Donagh & Lyons Wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Bicyclette wrote: »
    The now empty Ivans shop would be a handy number for Supermacs. Its got lots of parking, lots of space and is at a busy junction. Its even closer to Thomond Park than Lyons Supermacs was and Supermacs was always jammed after Rugby and GAA matches.

This would be a disaster for anyone arriving at the cross from the Condell Road side. As someone who uses this road daily I can tell you that the lights on that particular side are a pain in the ar*e. Every second light change allows enough time for a maximum of 3-4 cars to go through before they change again.

If the carpark beside Ivan's is busy then this makes for an even longer delay with cars forcing their way in and out.

For this to work the carpark layout would need to be changed and the timing on the lights also looked at.

Advertisement