Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Spotted that. To be honest I didn't even know the place existed until now and I'm in the Parkway at least once a week. 3 times this week. Its Limerick Now FB page are having a field day with the news.

I'm struggling to understand how a business based in a shopping centre can just close up disappear like that overnight though?

That unit has door that opens onto the car park opposite BurgerKing. The owner could easily have come in after the shopping centre was closed and moved most stuff away without being noticed. Some of the comments mention being in the store on Thursday and seeing stuff being packed up. They also said that the usual Christmas stuff wasn't in this year at all. So this could have been in motion for a few weeks already.

it was ongoing for a while now a few months he was just fobbing people off with their orders saying it is delayed & be delivered next week.

I still can't understand how a shop can just up and leave a busy shopping centre without questions being asked long beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭BobMc

Hence the need to use a credit card for any deposits, any place you're not walking out the door with your item after paying is a risk, no one knows whats happening in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seems like that they trade as another name - for anyone effected, might be worth checking out https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/A-D-Lighting-Co-Limited-501869

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Mc Love wrote: »
    Seems like that they trade as another name - for anyone effected, might be worth checking out https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/A-D-Lighting-Co-Limited-501869

Too slow ;);) :p That was posted yday evening as well in the comments section on f/book post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Spotted that. To be honest I didn't even know the place existed until now and I'm in the Parkway at least once a week. 3 times this week. Its Limerick Now FB page are having a field day with the news.

I'm struggling to understand how a business based in a shopping centre can just close up disappear like that overnight though?

They were A.D Lighting when they were in Shannon. IIRC they left there on bad terms.

Too slow ;);) :p That was posted yday evening as well in the comments section on f/book post

Sorry I dont follow that waste of human life facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They were A.D Lighting when they were in Shannon. IIRC they left there on bad terms.

They were basically forced out of Shannon as they had similar products to a well established shop in the same centre. The owner of the older shop kicked up a stink about them and AD were told to leave. A lot of people in Shannon didn't like them being forced to leave.

That sounds right. I think they were in the Tesco shopping centre in Ennis too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Who is the owner of Giftworks

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That sounds right. I think they were in the Tesco shopping centre in Ennis too?

They do have a shop in ennis but not sure where. I think the parkway shop had a different owner to the guy who was in charge in Shannon.

Sorry I dont follow that waste of human life facebook page

i just laugh @ it. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 itslimericknow

wast of a human life fb page? Really. Our 48 thousand followers beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Did you seriously join boards to come and give out?
    Shocking people have different opinions

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I recently witnessed 30,000 people follow a fake PC World page, in less than 24 hours, because they thought they could win some free wide-screen TVs. Numbers on social media mean feck all when so many people are that gullible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I recently witnessed 30,000 people follow a fake PC World page, in less than 24 hours, because they thought they could win some free wide-screen TVs. Numbers on social media mean feck all when so many people are that gullible.

The 'liked & shared' brigade.

Bad enough when it's to 'win' something, but when Johnny in Limerick shares a 'please help find my dog' post and you read it, only to see that the dog in question is in Texas and went missing about 10 years ago :rolleyes:

48 Thousand muppets more like

We've had a few questions sent to us by email....

1. Are we journalists?

No, we are 3 ordinary Limerick people who want to let people know your story, word for word. The voice of the voiceless if you want. Gossip?
    If you need a Journalist for something that goes over our heads we can arrange that for you. God help us if we can only reach out to you but cant find a journalist

2. Who are ye?

Many people know who I am (Steve), I started this page back in 2009. We took over the infamous "Limerick Now" page a few weeks back. This is probably why I called it a waste of human life page
    We are not public figures and we don't crave the limelight. We all have regular jobs.

If you can shake off that tag of being infamous I'll give your page a second chance but the comments section is like a community of the brain-dead muppets that get their pitchforks out on the Limerick Leader facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just give up Facebook lads ye'll live longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,223 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, do grown adults still use facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

bazz26 wrote: »
    Lol, do grown adults still use facebook?

It's almost exclusively people over 50 liking and sharing posts about their kids and grandkids being badly reared.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

We've had a few questions sent to us by email....

1. Are we journalists?

No, we are 3 ordinary Limerick people who want to let people know your story, word for word. The voice of the voiceless if you want. Gossip?
    If you need a Journalist for something that goes over our heads we can arrange that for you. God help us if we can only reach out to you but cant find a journalist

2. Who are ye?

Many people know who I am (Steve), I started this page back in 2009. We took over the infamous "Limerick Now" page a few weeks back. This is probably why I called it a waste of human life page
    We are not public figures and we don't crave the limelight. We all have regular jobs.

If you can shake off that tag of being infamous I'll give your page a second chance but the comments section is like a community of the brain-dead muppets that get their pitchforks out on the Limerick Leader facebook page.

I agree. It’s like a version of the Joe Duffy show without a moderator. The story the have this morning is classic. Some one living in free (paid by the tax payer) accommodation won’t bother their hole buying mound remover and opening their windows a few mm to allow adequate ventilation. I had to do it in my own accommodation as I was drying clothes in my room. That Facebook page is a platform for wasters bitching about more handouts they should be getting. The common denominator with the majority of the comments are It’s always someone else’s fault.

Gallee wrote: »
    I agree. It’s like a version of the Joe Duffy show without a moderator. The story the have this morning is classic. Some one living in free (paid by the tax payer) accommodation won’t bother their hole buying mound remover and opening their windows a few mm to allow adequate ventilation. I had to do it in my own accommodation as I was drying clothes in my room. That Facebook page is a platform for wasters bitching about more handouts they should be getting. The common denominator with the majority of the comments are It’s always someone else’s fault.

its all your fault cause you never got me a dehumidifier :P:P:P:P

Gallee wrote: »

And had another child while living in the accommodation.

The one about the bottle bank is a laugh :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I see the Ark Tavern is Corbally seems to be closed. Didn't last too long

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

Closed well before xmas didn't last at all after relaunching! Sad really but I think it had an issue with Clientle.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭topcat72

Derbhoy wrote: »
    Closed well before xmas didn't last at all after relaunching! Sad really but I think it had an issue with Clientle.

Its odd that a suburb as big as Corbally can't sustain two pubs . Was in it after it relaunched - the vibe was a bit strange in there, and their lunch offering didnt last too long either.
    I was in O'Driscoll's on Stephenses day evening- they were busy but not wedged. They could definitely do with doing soem small bar food offering - they dont even do crisps. Bizarre stuff. No decent coffee options there either. No excuse these days when you can buy a good coffeemaking machine for next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Derbhoy wrote: »

Who was running the Ark Tavern, I'm gonna assume it was still the same people who opened the Grove and just changed its name to the Ark Tavern.

Advertisement