Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

topcat72 wrote: »
    Its odd that a suburb as big as Corbally can't sustain two pubs . Was in it after it relaunched - the vibe was a bit strange in there, and their lunch offering didnt last too long either.
    I was in O'Driscoll's on Stephenses day evening- they were busy but not wedged. They could definitely do with doing soem small bar food offering - they dont even do crisps. Bizarre stuff. No decent coffee options there either. No excuse these days when you can buy a good coffeemaking machine for next to nothing.

I've had crisps and a toastie in O Driscolls on a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Who was running the Ark Tavern, I'm gonna assume it was still the same people who opened the Grove and just changed its name to the Ark Tavern.

The Ark was the one beside Topaz & aib wasnt it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

That's the one

That's the one

thanks,i mixed it up with drico's there for a min

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Originally called the Park Tavern but the P fell off.

I shît you not

• Advertisement

I shyou not

He got Peed off & went away :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I shît you not

I believed this for years but I'm fairly sure I saw or read something during the last twelve months that said otherwise .

Here's another version of the story and maybe this is what I am remembering

http://memorylanelimerick.com/p802350600/h23EA352F#h23ea352f

Swamp have announced on their website that they are closing. Was a stable of William Street for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Walking down Roche's Street today, and I noticed that Serendipity has closed. I'd never been there myself, but it must be another blow to retail in the city, and the so called "fashion quarter".

Also, River Deep Mountain High is closed.

Walking down Roche's Street today, and I noticed that Serendipity has closed. I'd never been there myself, but it must be another blow to retail in the city, and the so called "fashion quarter".

Also, River Deep Mountain High is closed.

Both have been closed for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

RDMH was open yesterday, almost sure it was anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Mc Love wrote: »
    RDMH was open yesterday, almost sure it was anyway

It hasn’t been opened anytime I’ve passed it the last few months. Maybe I was just passing late or early though.

Haven’t been in there since Regatta opened across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

sioda wrote:
    Swamp have announced on their website that they are closing. Was a stable of William Street for years

What are you doing on the Swamp website 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I heard O'Connors on Thomas Street is closing. They've been open since 1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

CosmicFool wrote: »

*inserts comment about parking and joke about cash for gold or vaping shop opening*

*inserts comment about parking and joke about cash for gold or vaping shop opening*

No its a Kebab shop opening;):D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear that. Although I saw someone say on Twitter that they are closing due to retirement, rather than a lack of business. From what I can see, most of the food & drink establishments seem to be doing okay in town. Just hope that something decent moves in there and it's not left empty/occupied by some **** phone shop/vape shop, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

jonski wrote: »
    I believed this for years but I'm fairly sure I saw or read something during the last twelve months that said otherwise .

Here's another version of the story and maybe this is what I am remembering

http://memorylanelimerick.com/p802350600/h23EA352F#h23ea352f
    It was called the Park Tavern originally because of it's proximity to College Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Disappointing to hear that there's no family that are willing or able to take it over. I'm presuming that if a family member was left the business that they're just going to sell the place rather than have to deal with a Business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nom Donuts closed down. Says they are moving to new location in Feb but no indication where that actually is.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Nom Donuts closed down. Says they are moving to new location in Feb but no indication where that actually is.
    FROM F/Book page

https://www.facebook.com/NOMTreats/videos/867427870352685/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,223 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FutureGuy wrote: »

It's mentioned in the Limerick Business Opening thread - Thomas Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Leoards’s Menswear O’Connell St seems closed. Passed yesterday and everything cleared out. One of the last traditional clothes shops in Limerick. Opened c. 1935. A pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Leoards’s Menswear O’Connell St seems closed. Passed yesterday and everything cleared out. One of the last traditional clothes shops in Limerick. Opened c. 1935. A pity.

Not much you can do about retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw this notice up in Giftworks Ennis ref the recent closure of the Parkway store and all the shenanigans that went on.

14-E152-D0-76-F8-405-F-B92-A-E7-EE5192-BDB9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Mc Love wrote: »
    Not much you can do about retirement

There isn't. But you would have to be concerned over what will become of their attractive and immaculately preserved Art Deco facade and high quality interior. It's easily one of the best presented buildings on a street that is mostly dominated by rubbish plastic signage and terribly maintained frontages. However given the complete lack of any enforcement of regulations by Limerick Council you wouldn't be surprised to see the shopfront destroyed and become something as hideous as "The Shack" across the street!

The Shack Store in limerick is gone

The Shack Store Limerick
    47 mins ·

CUSTOMER NOTICE:
    We are very sorry to report that we have decided to close our Limerick store effective from the 1st Feb. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Limerick and would like to sincerely thank all our staff and customers who have supported us down through the years. Our other store in Cork will continue to trade as normal and any orders given to this store will be honoured from our store in Cork. Thank you!
    For any further information please contact THE Shack Cork on 021 4274362.

Is the Milk Market bar (aka Costello's 2.0) gone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

The Shack Store in limerick is gone

The Shack Store Limerick
    47 mins ·

CUSTOMER NOTICE:
    We are very sorry to report that we have decided to close our Limerick store effective from the 1st Feb. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Limerick and would like to sincerely thank all our staff and customers who have supported us down through the years. Our other store in Cork will continue to trade as normal and any orders given to this store will be honoured from our store in Cork. Thank you!
    For any further information please contact THE Shack Cork on 021 4274362.

Not in the least bit surprised at that one tbh

Advertisement