Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Oh no! I loved Plush, they're great!
    That's devastating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Poor lady that place was robbed last year when they put in the front window.& damaged the place.

Robberies have massive impacts on businesses especially any struggling . The judges in Limerick have a lot to answer for , between burglaries and shop lifting it’s amazing there’s any businesses still going .
    The judges in Limerick are known by criminal elements all over ireland to be the most lenient and would believe any yarn a free legal aid solicitor spins hence how difficult it must be to run a business in Limerick .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

19 years and to shut up shop that fast?Must be something else im sure she will be back too well known the the business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Tony Connollys on the crescent have closed moved back to town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

sioda wrote: »

That’s been happening for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is that the 2 of them that were in the crescent so gone ?? They are gone back to limerick.
    i thought they did a good business in the crescent.

Is that the 2 of them that were in the crescent so gone ?? They are gone back to limerick.
    i thought they did a good business in the crescent.

How long he in the Cresent?Just said it to my Dad said he thinks deffo 30 years

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Store in town is much bigger - definitely bought more in the store in town that I ever bought in the one in the Crescent but sadly its another menswear store gone from the Crescent

Riverside restaurant and cafe in Croom has closed

bigpink wrote: »
    Riverside restaurant and cafe in Croom has closed
    Ya saw the f/post earlier. another covid 19 business victim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Derbhoy

United Airlines pulling out of Shannon Airport permanently. I know its Co Clare but considering the Crews always stayed in Limerick City it's a loss.

Derbhoy wrote: »
    United Airlines pulling out of Shannon Airport permanently. I know its Co Clare but considering the Crews always stayed in Limerick City it's a loss.

where did u heard permanently?? it was only for this summer they should be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Derbhoy wrote: »

any link ?

never mind :P

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/550635/breaking-united-airlines-won-t-resume-daily-service-to-new-york.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2pODhujbnsOm4CSCrhf2xcykWggtpF7UpIs5grhDKS8V53DX1h4_qW0t0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That decision by United is a worry. A lot of American companies in the region would have been using this for business travel to and from the New York/New Jersey region. Not sure is there alternative flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's a shame and reading that story then you read that all the other carriers said they'd be back in 2021 which seems to have no direct connection the USA till then. So it's either off to Dublin or Codeshare it through other airports in Europe to get to the USA till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Berty wrote: »
    It's a shame and reading that story then you read that all the other carriers said they'd be back in 2021 which seems to have no direct connection the USA till then. So it's either off to Dublin or Codeshare it through other airports in Europe to get to the USA till then.

are aer lingus not going to fly it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gone for good, or at least until the business picks back up again. Keep an eye on Delta who will most likely follow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That decision by United is a worry. A lot of American companies in the region would have been using this for business travel to and from the New York/New Jersey region. Not sure is there alternative flights.

Drive to Dub. Not a major thing for Americans who will generally live more than two hours from an international airport. Cork and Galway don't have issues with American FDI despite not have direct T/A flights on their doorstep. Limerick/Shannon won't either if the us carriers don't return.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Drive to Dub. Not a major thing for Americans who will generally live more than two hours from an international airport. Cork and Galway don't have issues with American FDI despite not have direct T/A flights on their doorstep. Limerick/Shannon won't either if the us carriers don't return.

I agree with regards FDI, but I'm surprised given the Wild Atlantic Way strategy that Failte Ireland pursue that there hasn't been a push to retain a TA flight to SNN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jose Maria

Anyone know if Cobblestones is closing, I passed the other day and the whole place was gutted, the bar was gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

They were working on Cobblestones yesterday so I'd say renovation work may as well while they have the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

They were working on Cobblestones yesterday so I'd say renovation work may as well while they have the chance
    Hopefully that's the case, love that bar. Always good music, and a nice selection of beers. Sound crowd generally too.

Jose Maria wrote: »
    Anyone know if Cobblestones is closing, I passed the other day and the whole place was gutted, the bar was gone

They recently got planning permission the following:-

the provision of metal security fencing to the rear boundary, alterations to the rear façade to Market Alley, change of use of an existing store to kitchen facilities, provision of a cold store unit and roof canopy, and internal alterations

They recently got planning permission the following:-

the provision of metal security fencing to the rear boundary, alterations to the rear façade to Market Alley, change of use of an existing store to kitchen facilities, provision of a cold store unit and roof canopy, and internal alterations

covid measures so they can serve more food

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Are Aer Lingus not still flying to Boston and JFK? Much prefer them to united, who shut down their Newark route the last few summers.

Tree wrote: »
    Are Aer Lingus not still flying to Boston and JFK? Much prefer them to united, who shut down their Newark route the last few summers.

Nobody is flying TA from Shannon. Its unlikely any TA services will return before 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Tuscany are closing their Granary restaurant, citing guidance from the County Council due to the Opera Project as reason for the closure.

Tuscany are closing their Granary restaurant, citing guidance from the County Council due to the Opera Project as reason for the closure.

Demolition is due to begin onsite in the Autumn. Everyone has to vacate. HAP will be moving to new offices where Elverys used to be on Henry St and and the Library will be moving across the road to the old InStore building.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Demolition is due to begin onsite in the Autumn. Everyone has to vacate. HAP will be moving to new offices where Elverys used to be on Henry St and and the Library will be moving across the road to the old InStore building.

They’re not demolishing the Granary building are they?

Advertisement