Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

If the social media pages are gone then safe to say they are finished, that place changes name / rebrands every couple of years anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But their marketing is so good

Where did that quote come from 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭banie01

tweek84 wrote: »
    Anyone know if limerick sport store is closed? That's where I bought my young lads first set of hurling gear and I bought my first helmet there also, now my daughter is starting camogie this year.....maybe it will be Gleesons

They may not have reopened, they were having a retirement/closing down sale prior to Covid shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,451 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tommy249 wrote: »
    Where did that quote come from ��

https://www.ilovelimerick.ie/business-directory-2/establishment-late-bar/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I had a pint in establishment on Monday evening. Albeit a takeaway one in a plastic cup and drank it outside. Was in town early for dinner in the Hamptons so chanced my arm when I was walking past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But their marketing is so good

Still open I presume as still on 1 of the delivery apps

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Walked past it earlier this evening on the way to dolans, door was open.
    Have never been in there before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

davo2001 wrote: »
    If the social media pages are gone then safe to say they are finished, that place changes name / rebrands every couple of years anyways.

Always the same people involved though which is strange. Same family involved in the Red Onion on Hartstonge Street and Funky Donuts.

Not great business people by the looks of it but not willing to give up either!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

tweek84 wrote: »
    Anyone know if limerick sport store is closed? That's where I bought my young lads first set of hurling gear and I bought my first helmet there also, now my daughter is starting camogie this year.....maybe it will be Gleesons

it was still open yesterday when I passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Pagoda Castletroy closed...for now at least. I think lack of students didn't help. Maybe it'll reopen in September.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Well did Easons in town reopen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Pacifico wrote: »

Nope not today anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

Pacifico wrote: »
    Sign saying closed due to essential maintenance, there were magazines stocked on the shelves

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

apparently the basement in Easons got flooded during lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Limerick Sports Store closing today. Got a pair of Asics runners for €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

YFlyer wrote: »
    Limerick Sports Store closing today. Got a pair of Asics runners for €30.

Daycent tackies kid :D:D:D:D

Daycent tackies kid :D:D:D:D

Lol.

It helps to know Siobhan.

Heard Cobblestones Joe is still close for renovation. Should be an ideal set up to appreciate social distancing and serving food.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

YFlyer wrote: »
    Heard Cobblestones Joe is still close for renovation. Should be an ideal set up to appreciate social distancing and serving food.

I passed it the other day and it looks like it's completely gutted. I'd say it'll be a while before they're up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

They had a post on Facebook in the last few days with a photo, it has been gutted so they can redesign it with social distance measures in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭pigtown

Spice Vintage on Harvey's Quay isn't reopening, going totally online. The owner is on Live95 talking about how the website is more successful than she could have imagined and it doesn't make sense to reopen the shop. Future of retail in a nutshell

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

pigtown wrote: »
    Future of retail in a nutshell

retail is changing, its not going away. Some shops will close and some will open. The problem is when we act like the accelerated nosedive that is taking place in Limerick is somehow normal we are not recognising the problem. Cork and Galway do not have the same level of vacant units that limerick does.

Spice Vintage is a unique shop that would have thrived in any other city.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

mdmix wrote: »
    retail is changing, its not going away. Some shops will close and some will open. The problem is when we act like the accelerated nosedive that is taking place in Limerick is somehow normal we are not recognising the problem. Cork and Galway do not have the same level of vacant units that limerick does.

Spice Vintage is a unique shop that would have thrived in any other city.

I would have bought way more stuff in there if they made it a drivethrough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭djdunny

The wife said there were 2 large Careline trucks taking stuff out of Easons yesterday morning. Place looked pretty barren when I drove by at 6pm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

djdunny wrote: »
    The wife said there were 2 large Careline trucks taking stuff out of Easons yesterday morning. Place looked pretty barren when I drove by at 6pm.

Yep. Looks like it’s cleared out. Everything gone.

Imagine town with no Argos, no Eason, no Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Oh that’s a shame - strange there was no media announcement if they have closed. It could be just moving stick while waiting to reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I was talking to an Easons employee in another one of their shops during the week and they said the basement flooding was taking longer to fix than first thought but should be back open in a couple of weeks.

I was talking to an Easons employee in another one of their shops during the week and they said the basement flooding was taking longer to fix than first thought but should be back open in a couple of weeks.

ya you would have to let the place properly dry out & prob moving the stock to a storage facility while it is drying so stock wont get damp. building is is easier dry when there is no stock there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

The staff will be the last to find out either way. Can't see it reopening myself.

• Advertisement

just googled Easons for the crack & could be august before it opens again.
    Here is an article from may
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/eason-to-lay-off-150-staff-as-it-prepares-for-june-reopening-1.4262251

Advertisement