Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The staff will be the last to find out either way. Can't see it reopening myself.

The plan is to reopen it, it had a bad leak over lockdown and the reopening is dependent on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Inglot in the crescent won't be reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

Inglot in the crescent won't be reopening
    Inglot, Mothercare, Connolly's, Quiz and Golden Spiderweb gone since the reopening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

adaminho wrote: »
    Inglot, Mothercare, Connolly's, Quiz and Golden Spiderweb gone since the reopening!
    Forgot Mothercare in the Crescent was gone as well only thought of the one in Crusies Street

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

adaminho wrote: »

Connolly’s gone? Which store? I’m surprised at that. They have been in the Crescent for decades if that is the one that closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

tommy249 wrote: »
    Connolly’s gone? Which store? I’m surprised at that. They have been in the Crescent for decades if that is the one that closed

They were going to close the store in the Crescent before Covid happened

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

CosmicFool wrote: »
    They were going to close the store in the Crescent before Covid happened

Didn’t know that. Just Connolly’s? Or Chapps also?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just an update on Eason.

They look like they have resocked the bestsellers bookshelf so some hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭djdunny

tommy249 wrote: »
    Didn’t know that. Just Connolly’s? Or Chapps also?

I think Chapps was gone a while and they were only operating out of the Connolly shop (across from McCabes pharmacy)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Ambassador dry cleaning in Arthur's quay is gone.

• Advertisement

I see Robin Archers t shirt print shop on Ellen street is closed but they are still in business elsewhere.

Cafe Lazio at the market gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Pebbled Pathways creche closed also

kilburn wrote: »
    Pebbled Pathways creche closed also

I know name sounds familar, was that in grove island ?

I know name sounds familar, was that in grove island ?

A mate of mine living in Corbally only mentioned to me that the creche they use won't be re-opening so thats probably the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yeah that's the crèche when you turn in to where St Mary's RFC is and head down towards the roundabout. Kings Island community crèche is closing for 4 to 6 weeks from Monday because of lack of staff, if anyone knows someone from that crèche in Corbally looking for work then Northside Family Resource Centre are hiring.

Yeah that's the crèche when you turn in to where St Mary's RFC is and head down towards the roundabout. Kings Island community crèche is closing for 4 to 6 weeks from Monday because of lack of staff, if anyone knows someone from that crèche in Corbally looking for work then Northside Family Resource Centre are hiring.
    Thanks it was10yrs since i was @ that place dropping off. It was in the papers & facebook so they would prob know already about kings island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

If Pebbled Pathways is closed, it wouldn't be that surprising. The drop in standards in the last few years is quite dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Plus one on this

All the staff let go by email as well didn't even have the courtesy to ring them individually

kilburn wrote: »
    Plus one on this

All the staff let go by email as well didn't even have the courtesy to ring them individually

That wouldn't be out of character either. Some great staff treated very badly in recent years also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has Ampersand across from CBS closed or is it just closed on a Monday? Was all shut up today when I passed.

• Advertisement

Acorn cafe on Thomas Street up for let so not reopening

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭topcat72

Horrible news on Pebbled Pathways - http://pebbledpathways.com/creche-closure-july-2020/ - both my kids went there when younger.
    I hope teh staff are snaoped up by other creches/ childcare facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

sioda wrote: »
    Ambassador dry cleaning in Arthur's quay is gone.

Caherdavin one is gone as well.

topcat72 wrote: »
    Horrible news on Pebbled Pathways - http://pebbledpathways.com/creche-closure-july-2020/ - both my kids went there when younger.
    I hope teh staff are snaoped up by other creches/ childcare facilities.

If any of the staff are reading this the crèche in Clonlara are looking for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

They had a post on Facebook in the last few days with a photo, it has been gutted so they can redesign it with social distance measures in mind.

Opening this week

g

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Any word on Easons in the city. Bog loss... for my browsing.

Glenomra wrote: »
    Any word on Easons in the city. Bog loss... for my browsing.

Still closed but defo people in and out of there this week

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Caherdavin one is gone as well.

The one in Dooradoyle is closed too.

CosmicFool wrote: »
    The one in Dooradoyle is closed too.
    isnt their base still in Raheen business park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

sioda wrote: »
    Still closed but defo people in and out of there this week

Apparently the basement flooded while the store was closed, lots of damage is supposed to have occured.

Advertisement