Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time lag in relation to thermal mass??

• 16-10-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

does anyone no the formula for calculating time lag with regards to thermal mass ?

searched alot of places but getting varied answers thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

jimmy11 wrote: »
    does anyone no the formula for calculating time lag with regards to thermal mass ?

searched alot of places but getting varied answers thanks

sounds like your getting in to computer simulation territory:) both DEAP and PHPP make a stab at these, but ive never actually tried to work them out..
    all i know is you've got the thermal admittance (y-value) .. units w/m2k... then you've got to take into account thermal conductivity and specific heat capacity.. then the thermal mass parameter ie a measure of thermal mass calculated from what's given off by each materials thermal admittance

contact heinbloed over in DIY he'll most likely have the answer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy11

thanks for your reply, yea i can see how im getting more towards computed stuff! Im doing my FYP on thermal mass and need calculations for timelag in order to build up the theory etc.

I will pm him and see can he help cheers mate

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

check out "decrement delay" as a topic in google.

the lag depends on may factors but mostly the thickness and actual material involved, and that materials ability to store energy.

also see here

Advertisement