Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypo-Allergenic food

• 16-10-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have the fussiest bitch ever when it comes to food , She will eat it for a month or 2 and then stop , i'm now deciding over James Wellbeloved(chicken & rice) and Wafcol (salmon &potato).
    Any other recomendations....

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Shammy wrote: »
    Hi

I have the fussiest bitch ever when it comes to food , She will eat it for a month or 2 and then stop , i'm now deciding over James Wellbeloved(chicken & rice) and Wafcol (salmon &potato).
    Any other recomendations....

Cheers :)
    Robbies so far so good, Sindy was exactly the same but 6 months on Robbies now and she eats every day :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Arden Grange, I'm a big fan and so is my Dog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

whites, all my dogs love it even the fussy ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Another vote for Robbies here, and for Green Dog, too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Barking Heads also have some hypo-allergenic products in their dog food range. I find them very good as I have two that were allergic to Hill's and other dog foods and the third dog is the fussiest creature going. She'd live on chicken and pasta if you let her. But she's happy to chow down on the 'Fusspot' (salmon & potato rice) food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Robbies here too! My girl isn't particularly fussy but she needed a good hypo-allergenic food and she's doing fantastically well on it.

My friends girl is very fussy however and she wolfes the Robbies down.

http://www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/cats/robbies/
    http://www.landofholisticpets.co.uk/

You also need to stop giving in when she stops eating or else you are making a rod for your own back. Leave down her food and if she hasn't eaten it in 20mins then take back up, same for next feeding. Dogs won't starve themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Going cereal/rice free is what sorted our probs. At the moment he's on a mix of Happy Dog Supreme Ireland and Robbies salmon and potato. His poos were better on cereal free Happy Dog (Africa) but it's expensive so i'm going to try him on JWB cereal free which is around the same price as HD Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Toulouse wrote: »

You also need to stop giving in when she stops eating or else you are making a rod for your own back. Leave down her food and if she hasn't eaten it in 20mins then take back up, same for next feeding. Dogs won't starve themselves.

Its nothing to do with giving in , when i said fussy I really ment fussy . Yes she will starve herself .

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

Burns all the way.

Our little Milly (Shih-tzu) was so fussy she never ate the allocated daily amount of any food and sometimes nothing at all when she was on James Wellbeloved or Royal Canine Shih-tzu or the RC for fussy eaters UNTIL she discovered Burns Chicken and Brown Rice. We really thought she had NO interest in any kind of food. Now she reminds me when it's lunchtime, follows me happily while i dish it up and wolfs it down(after a little game of Ruff Tuff puppy-nuts!!)! Most vets who sell Burns have little sample bags.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Shammy wrote: »
    Its nothing to do with giving in , when i said fussy I really ment fussy . Yes she will starve herself .

how long will she go without food?

• Advertisement

ppink wrote: »
    how long will she go without food?

4/5 days is the longest i left her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Do you feed her anything else on those days, treats etc?

andreac wrote: »
    Do you feed her anything else on those days, treats etc?

Nope If i give her tuna in her food on monday , she will not eat Tuesday , She turns her nose up at shin bones when it suits her .

I never leave her go that long any more .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

God thats a tough one alright. My guy went 3 days before and finally gave in, but she sounds very stubborn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Blimey! determined dog.

we had one who was fussy and pretty much hated his nuts. now we are on a home cooked diet and they go crazy for their food...mainly meat and veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Arden Grange, I'm a big fan and so is my Dog!

this is great, my dog has terrible skin rash with every food i've tried but this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

this is great, my dog has terrible skin rash with every food i've tried but this one

My fella could knock a horse with his farting with every other food I tried, since I switch to Arden Grange it has become a complete non issue. Great food.

Advertisement