Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Christchurch

Options
  • 16-10-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey all.

I have recently and suddenly made a decision to upsticks and head down to Christchurch with the girlfriend to work, finding work shouldn't be an issue.

I am just wondering does anyone know what suburbs to live in? Which areas are least affected by quake damage?

Or just general info that I may need, will be staying in a hostel for the 1st couple of weeks but I wanna get renting asap.

If it doesnt work out in CHCH we will head to Auckland I suppose but would rather stay on South Island. I am a concrete worker/steelfixer so CHCH is ideal for work.

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Its mostly just the residential repair stuff going on at the moment, the commercial stuff is still a while off due to insurance companies trying to alleviate responsibility.

The City centre is fenced off so areas like Fendalton, Mairehau are good bets for renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NorthDubSteve

Thanks a million, will look into it

Advertisement