Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pelvic floor exercises

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

So Ive been doing these but I find it really uncomfortable to do. Is this normal maybe I'm not doing it right?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I suppose they're different for everyone. I never found them uncomfortable, but I found out I'd been doing them wrong for a while. My physio told me that if you're having a wee, try to stop yourself mid flow, and then when you're doing the pelvic floor exercises to imagine you're trying to stop weeing and then you're using the right muscles. She said don't be constantly trying to stop your pee mid flow though because you can end up with a UTI if you're not emptying your bladder properly.

You can also get these little devices that you can put inside you to exercise your pelvic floor. It's a little probe that tones the muscles, like the way a slendertone would work on your abs. Now you can't use them while you're pregnant but they can be used afterwards. I got one and have been using it for a week (check out instructions, some I saw were unsuitable until 12 weeks after birth) and I definitely notice a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks I think I'm doing them right :) just need to do more of them.

Advertisement