Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy Japanese food in Dublin

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

I've been looking up bento recipes lately and I'd love to have a go at preparing them. Where would be the best places in Dublin that sell Japanese groceries or ingredients?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Asia Market on Drury St. is where I always go. Has been keeping me in various curry ingredients over the last few months. They finally got in pickled ginger in a jar rather than the silly big bags of the stuff. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The Asia Market on Drury St. is where I always go. Has been keeping me in various curry ingredients over the last few months. They finally got in pickled ginger in a jar rather than the silly big bags of the stuff. Huzzah!

Reasonably priced and they do a 10% student discount too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Student discount ftwinzors! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone know where I'd pick up Gyoza?

'Potstickers' I've also heard them called. Soooooo damn delicious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Just wondering how much it is to eat Japanese food in a resturant in Dublin/the rest of Ireland. Is there much of a choice, and is it good?

I didn't eat Japanese food before I left, just tried sushi from the take away shops. I'm interested to try when I go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

The Yamamori on the quays is easily best japanese restaurant I've ate in in Dublin.

I think they are all quite good, but I wasn't mad about yosushi.. way too overpriced for a revolving sushi place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Giruilla wrote: »
    The Yamamori on the quays is easily best japanese restaurant I've ate in in Dublin.

I think they are all quite good, but I wasn't mad about yosushi.. way too overpriced for a revolving sushi place.

Iv heard good things about 'Mitsuba' resturant on Parnell St, I haven't been there yet myself yet but heard great things about the quality of their food, especially the Sushi.

Also would have Echoed JU's comment about the Asian Market on Drury St, seems to be the best place iv found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Iv heard good things about 'Mitsuba' resturant on Parnell St, I haven't been there yet myself yet but heard great things about the quality of their food, especially the Sushi.

Just had a look at their website there and looks very good!

Advertisement