Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-UCDers in the bar.

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

What's the craic with bringing people who don't go to UCD to the bar?

I have a few friends who would like to go to a gig in the bar but obviously they don't want to buy tickets if they aren't sure that they'll get in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

You need a student card to get in most of the time, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

I think you only need Id when there's security on the door.
    Unfortunately for your mates that means gigs..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I think you can sign non ucd people into the bar ? Get in touch with them id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Micklaus

As of about 18 months ago you could anyway. You'll need your UCD student card as you have to sign them in, I was allowed two people in on my card. Not sure what the deal is with numbers nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Prepare to endure people shouting "she doesn't even go here!"

..................probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've brought my girlfriend to gigs who isn't a UCD student. As long as one or two of you have a card, just say she forgot it and is meeting people or whatever....they're usually grand.

But most of the time there's no one on the door and as far as I know anyone can go / drink there during these times. The only reason they have people on the door for events is because the capacity is so small that it's reserved for students only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

You should be cool OP... although it may depend on the gig...

For Fake Blood one of my mates came that wasn't in UCD and none of us were even asked for student id, so you should be o.k

Although I support the signing in of non-ucd students.. that way we can identify the Trinity students and prosecute keep an eye on them

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Bar going for a gig, I can't see the attraction of the student bar. The drink is not cheaper than anywhere else, the music is always set too loud, and the atmosphere just isn't good. Give one of the other pubs near to campus a go, you'll actually be treated as a customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Red Alert wrote: »
    Bar going for a gig, I can't see the attraction of the student bar. The drink is not cheaper than anywhere else, the music is always set too loud, and the atmosphere just isn't good. Give one of the other pubs near to campus a go, you'll actually be treated as a customer!

Have to agree, its a bit of an odd venue. Its either too bright or too loud, often at the same time. I'm not one for pubs anyway, never got the appeal of sitting down all night having drink after drink. Prefer nightclubs.

As for non-ucd students, you can sign them in but most the time they just let 1 UCD student plus 1 or 2.

Advertisement