Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who the hell is James O-Sullivan???!!

Options
  • 16-10-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Got a flyer through the door today from 'Arris lot about some clone of him that is a member of Greystones Town Council!

All it lists is telephone numbers for stuff that has been on boards.ie for years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Here is a link for his website

http://jamesosullivan.ie/

He is an idealistic and hard working young man.

Fair play to him for being politically active

and for his community involvement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He's a member of Greystones town council. Has been since 2009.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

He's a member of Greystones town council. Has been since 2009.

Still none the wiser... Seems like talks about things already discussed on council website but puts his face on them... Good stuff we need more committee members and flyer senders to get us out this mess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I admire young people like James who do want to get politically active because they want to achieve something. The alternative might have been that he just sat on the internet moaning.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I admire young people like James who do want to get politically active because they want to achieve something. The alternative might have been that he just sat on the internet moaning.

Exactly what I was saying in my previous post without the need to lower myself to deriding others opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

from the title of this thread - ..who the hell is... is sounds like he's really upset you?

Is there something specific he's doing wrong or not doing well enough that you've concerns with? Have you contacted him about this?

Not upset as such, just more aghast at another 'politician' appearing, who apparently has been a councillor for years.

Born and bred in Greystones, went to the same schools as him but still hadn't a clue who he was.

Apparently he is a fine upstanding young man who does a lot for the community or so I have been informed.

Which was the purpose of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

Not upset as such, just more aghast at another 'politician' appearing, who apparently has been a councillor for years.

Born and bred in Greystones, went to the same schools as him but still hadn't a clue who he was

Seriously? You didn't notice him on the ballot or the results of the Local Elections? Or regularly in the local papers since then? For someone who always has something to say about local issues you surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tiradon

Seems like talks about things already discussed on council website:)

What council website are you referring to?

mirrorball wrote: »
    Seriously? You didn't notice him on the ballot or the results of the Local Elections? Or regularly in the local papers since then? For someone who always has something to say about local issues you surprise me.

Seriously, didn't notice him at all until the flyer dropped. Maybe he does so much commendable work under the radar and nothing wrong with that. Unlike those councillors who talk up things and do nothing.

Was just making the point that he has had zero visibility on the Blandpebbles household, family, region, websphere or life...

The thread has served its purpose I am educated on how worthwhile a councillor he is now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement