Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour working unofficially

Options
  • 16-10-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My neighbour is minding children full timein her home. She has no childminding qualifications. She is not registered and certainly not paying tax.Her Husband has a good job.

Should I do nothing or is this why the country is the way it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How do you know she has no qualifications?
    How do you know she is not registered?
    How do you she is not paying tax?

How do you know she is even getting paid :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

We're pretty sure shes not responsible for the state of the country, and i'm sure the parents of those kids know and trust her...no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

All the details mentioned are true. I know this for a fact. I'd prefer not go into the details.

She may not be responsible for the state of the country but is contributing to it by working in the black economy.

Treat it as a hypothetical question, should this person be reported, and if so to whom?
    If not why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Here are some contact details if you want to proceed:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/contact/investigations-prosecutions-division.html

I don't think this is the best forum to debate whether or not to report tax dodgers or not It's not really an employment issue that the OP has.

Here's a thread in the taxation forum if you want to continue it there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement