Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I work this out?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Backed Aguilar e/w Portugal Masters, 6 places Paddy Powers, only had 10 e/w though.
    He finished tied 3rd with 4 others so I assume there's a dead heat rule as there are up 7 places then.
    What the d/h reduction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Winner - 1st place
    Second - 2nd place
    Third - 3rd place
    Third - 4th place
    Third - 5th place
    Third - 6th place

Looks like you'll get full stake to full place odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

With four others is five tied for third. You work this out as place odds say 1/4 if he was 80/1 this 20/1 a place ie return of 21 you then multiply this by number of remaining places to qualify for place odds ie 3rd to sixth which is 4 and divide by number of players in dead heat ie 5. so multiply the return by 4/5 eg 21 x 4/5 is 16.80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

With four others is five tied for third. You work this out as place odds say 1/4 if he was 80/1 this 20/1 a place ie return of 21 you then multiply this by number of remaining places to qualify for place odds ie 3rd to sixth which is 4 and divide by number of players in dead heat ie 5. so multiply the return by 4/5 eg 21 x 4/5 is 16.80

Correct, i even double checked before i posted and talked myself out of correcting it:

Winner - 1st place
    Second - 2nd place
    Third - 3rd place
    Third - 4th place
    Third - 5th place
    Third - 6th place
    Third - Loser

4/5 of stake to full place odds. or as restingpalm says 16.80

Advertisement