Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stick or Twist with my tyres for the winter

• 16-10-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey,

Will I keep on my Schwalbe Lugano tyres for the winter or do I need to change to something better??

DOC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

Twist!

I have been running Lugano's for most of this year & put a new set on 2 months ago. Brillant in dry conditions but a scare last week made me go straight out & buy some specialized armadillo elites. Front of the bike lost all control in mildly wet conditions and fortunatly I was able to remain upright but scared the bejaysus out o'me. First 10k in the elites felt really weird but after a wear in they are fine now. I will hold onto the Lugano's and stick them back on in dryer conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I'm using Luganos at the moment and they don't inspire confidence in the wet. Definitely not leaving them on for the winter. Will probably put Ribmos back on sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

f1000 wrote: »
    Twist!

I have been running Lugano's for most of this year & put a new set on 2 months ago. Brillant in dry conditions but a scare last week made me go straight out & buy some specialized armadillo elites. Front of the bike lost all control in mildly wet conditions and fortunatly I was able to remain upright but scared the bejaysus out o'me. First 10k in the elites felt really weird but after a wear in they are fine now. I will hold onto the Lugano's and stick them back on in dryer conditions.

Armadillos are featured winners in cycling plus this month. ive switched to a 25 and 23 conti 4 seasons - no scares as yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Are lugganos really that bad in the wet? Just bought a pair but this has me thinking of sticking with what I have, especially as I commute in all weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Don't change for the winter. It doesn't rain that much more in the winter than in the summer. Just slow down a bit going round corners in the wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

My mate in work recommended these, he even cycled to work in the snow last year.

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=165&idproduct=21759

What ya think?

Advertisement