Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shark or tuna fishing??

Options
  • 16-10-2011 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

My other half is going to be 40 next year. He has always wanted to go either shark or tuna fishing. I want to suprise him with a holiday somewhere he can do one or both, the thing is i have no clue where would be best or how to arrange for a boat when we get there. I am hoping it can be done for 3000 euro. I dont mind what time of year or what country just whenever and where ever he is most likely to catch.

Any tips, locations or any info u could help me with i would really appreciate.

Thanks
    Danois

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

danois wrote: »
    My other half is going to be 40 next year. He has always wanted to go either shark or tuna fishing. I want to suprise him with a holiday somewhere he can do one or both, the thing is i have no clue where would be best or how to arrange for a boat when we get there. I am hoping it can be done for 3000 euro. I dont mind what time of year or what country just whenever and where ever he is most likely to catch.

Any tips, locations or any info u could help me with i would really appreciate.

Thanks
    Danois

Your other half is a lucky man. Don't know how much it would cost but I was in Tampa Florida a while back and wanted to book a charter boat for some shark fishing but was cancelled. I know that area has some great shark fishing perhaps other members could give you other cheaper locations. About organising a boat I just went to the harbour and it was there had advertisements on it. A tourist office could give you more options. Dingle in co. Kerry have a charter boat that go out for blue shark and tope, I think it's off season now not sure but that would be prob your cheapest option and blue shark are a great sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

http://www.seafishingireland.net/

That could be an option depending on where you want to go to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

3k would get you a lot of a holiday in the Florida Keys. A lot of tuna and shark to be caught, but also tarpon, permit, grouper, dorado, sailfish and wahoo which would be probably the best fish collection possible to target in one hoiday. You'd get out on a big game charter for about $175 per day if you're sharing with four others and you'd be pretty much guarenteed your target species. I'd recommend Islamorada and www.robbies.com to start off your investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Costa Rica is the place but I don't know about budget

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

There are many options. If you are considering a stay-at-home holiday you could do a self drive boat with a guide at the Bella Vista Hotel in Cobh - Jul,Aug or Sept being the best shark times.

As many have suggested Florida offers plenty:
    http://www.fishinginflorida.co.uk/index.html
    This guy is UK based heads to the keys each season. He is a grand guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

i was in lanzarote and ya can fish and catch marlin and shark
    a quick google search brought up this probably more doing it
    http://www.vista-lanzarote.com/business/deep-sea-fishing/index.html

Advertisement