Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI/LIDL Survival Items!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

I added a couple of very light weight fleece blankets from Lidl last month to my car just in case emergency kit. Must remember to stick a short handled (UK style) shovel in the boot before the weather gets really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

handy torches for your car or to keep beside the bed good find lad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I added a couple of very light weight fleece blankets from Lidl last month to my car just in case emergency kit. Must remember to stick a short handled (UK style) shovel in the boot before the weather gets really bad.
    Lidl have fold up shovels from time to time. Never tried one myself but having once got my old jeep very badly stuck, I vowed never again to travel anywhere without a spade. If I had had one at the time, I would have got out without help. I think spades have more uses than shovels. Mine is in two parts: a stainless steel spade from Lidl and a stout, hand turned Ash handle - there's a mini project for you WP :p It fits under the driver's seat.
    + 1 on carrying fleeces/blankets, apart from their usefulness in the case of becoming trapped or snowbound they are useful to have around in case someone is in shock after a trauma.

They are also very useful for keeping take-aways warm on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

slowburner wrote: »
    Lidl have fold up shovels from time to time. ....

Had one of them in the boot for years, they aren't great, but bloody excellent for use on the beach compared to your average kids spade for making sand castles :)

The problen with the Lidl fold up shovel I have is the nut that screws down on the thread to tighten eveything up is plastic and can get cross threaded easliy :o.

Advertisement