Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New LCU clubs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Renno wrote: »
    It should be noted that the only reason that this failed was because the clubs didn't want to do it, due to the problems of finding an extra person.

I dont think it failed because of clubs not wanting to do it; it failed because clubs werent able to do it. Maybe some of the bigger clubs can find three or four people a weekend to volunteer to umpire a game, but with the smaller clubs it can he hard enough to find 11 players, let alone a 12th who you are asking to come along and not play. It wasnt for lack of trying either; most captains I spoke to seemed to be in favour of the idea, but try as they might could not make it work (this was division 9).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cots

djimi wrote: »
    I dont think it failed because of clubs not wanting to do it; it failed because clubs werent able to do it. Maybe some of the bigger clubs can find three or four people a weekend to volunteer to umpire a game, but with the smaller clubs it can he hard enough to find 11 players, let alone a 12th who you are asking to come along and not play. It wasnt for lack of trying either; most captains I spoke to seemed to be in favour of the idea, but try as they might could not make it work (this was division 9).

This is quite true no club doesnt want to have people from their own club umpiring the whole game as they would believe that this will cut out the cheating that there is in the game so if they could I'm sure they would but personally I was glad that I didnt have to go looking for a 12th man to umpire every week (division 9)

Advertisement