Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new CD uniform

• 16-10-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

could someone tell me what the new CD uniform is?

In some units it can be hard to get gear.
    I acquired the new jacket recently which is great and rain trousers and a beanie are supposed to come with it.
    rumours abound that a fleece is also part of the uniform, but I have yet to see this. does it exist or are units still privately buying fleeces?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Fuinseog wrote: »
    could someone tell me what the new CD uniform is?

In some units it can be hard to get gear.
    I acquired the new jacket recently which is great and rain trousers and a beanie are supposed to come with it.
    rumours abound that a fleece is also part of the uniform, but I have yet to see this. does it exist or are units still privately buying fleeces?

sounds like the hodgepodge situation in omac, some units having the nice new bombers and rain jackets and some others having the old style long hi vis and the red rain trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

afaik, the new fleeces are being tested by certain counties .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anyone_local

work boots, combats, work shirt, "bump" hat, rain jacket, rain leggings, high vis and yes i think a beanie hat. First word on fleeces was last may, no sign of them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cbwex

We WXCD currently have the soft shell body warmer, i think their is plans to introduce the full soft shell fleece next year, which is to be worn under your hi-viz work jacket

Advertisement