Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will we ever have a summer 76/84/95 in Ireland again ?

Options
  • 16-10-2011 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

The media were saying back in may that summer 11 was going to be as hot as 76 we all know how that turned out,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yes.

I know that would be a one word answer but eventually it has to happen. 76/84/95/15?? Take your pick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

The media were saying back in may that summer 11 was going to be as hot as 76 we all know how that turned out,

You told me it would last forever!

Thooosee were the best days of my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I would happy with another 2006 - That July broke heat records across the country, that June was even better then 95' too!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Birdnuts wrote: »

I would happy with another 2006 - That July broke heat records across the country, that June was even better then 95' too!!:cool:

And don't forget 2003... Aug/Sept/Oct! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Of course we'll get long hot summers again but who knows when?
    Only a few years ago it looked like we'd never ever see snow again :D
    OP sorry for nitpicking but 83 was much better than 84 and 89 was also a brilliant summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hottest for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

While the heat of 76 and 95 were great, the drought was not and neither were the ladybirds in 76.

Anyone remember them? an absolute plague and they were so hungry, they bit!!

But I do believe we'll see the like of them again...not the ladybirds, the summers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Mothman wrote: »
    While the heat of 76 and 95 were great, the drought was not and neither were the ladybirds in 76.

Anyone remember them? an absolute plague and they were so hungry, they bit!!

But I do believe we'll see the like of them again...not the ladybirds, the summers!

Yes - I remember going to Duncannon beach for two weeks, ladybirds getting into the sandwiches and crawling under the rug. Running down my arm while this track was blasting out from a radio on the rug beside ours.

In the field behind our house there were hay stacks; I always remember a foot long pattern of ladybirds beside one of them.

I was only four and a half that summer but the memories are still very clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Donahg

Birdnuts wrote: »

I think people were too busy buying lots of property to notice the great hot summer we got in 06 hottest summer of 00s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Ya can't bate 95 for a summer... it was unreal for the amount of clear-blue sky days and hot sunshine... aaah it was bliss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement