Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Blend 7 Day kit

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Opened a few over the last few days with some people. It was only ok. Replies I got was it seems very thin and lacking of "something".

I added some glycerine, roughly 3 ml, to some bottles and left them for a little while in fridge. Did a blind tasting with the same people. Some of the original bottles and some with glycerine. Glycerine was picked out as better every time by them all. They said it was much better body but still a bit lacking in taste for 2 of them.

Oh well tis all part of learning and it was my first attempt at a wine so will take it on board for future uses. I saw some grape and peach juice in Tesco's so I might give them a go and will defo add Glycerine to the next batch just prior to bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

what does the glycerine do .. and where would you get it ? homebrew supplier or supermarket ?
    made up the red one last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I've read up that it could help give it a smoother kinda taste. I'm not a wine drinker myself, this brew was for herself to keep her quiet when she moans about how much I have. Anyway it seems to have done the trick.

I bought mine in Tescos when I was there. came in small bottles for about €1 each I think give or take a few cents. I added about 3 mls to each bottle. Most supermarkets should stock them but wouldn't be a major amount of them I would think. I grabbed the last 5 from Tesco. Find them in the baking section near the likes of food colouring and extracts.

Advertisement