Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 12 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Im away till Monday...ill be online from like 6-8.30 for games...really would like to play some :)

Join the league and we'll be able to play you.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im away till Monday...ill be online from like 6-8.30 for games...really would like to play some :)

As others have said joining first might be a good idea. You are already looking at getting penalised for not having games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

hmm thought I did already...my fault...back monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Napoli in the prem is around till about 3 today so message me on boards and i'll jump on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I'm a few games behind lads, message me on boards if you are around this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon for a game. Just gonna play football manager now, so i'll check on my boards PMs.

I'm Man Utd in Division 1,

Have to play

Man City
    Napoli
    Spurs
    Real Madrid
    Villareal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

So was winning a match 5-2 against conoro 127 and i was about to score with Andy Carroll in the 71st minute but it seems he turned off his Xbox. Does this mean I get a 5-2 or 6-2 WIN?
    :rolleyes:

CyberWaste wrote: »

Slightly annoyed to be beaten by 3 tramp goals, but any ways, well played.

Sorry man, next time ill try do a rainbow flick and then overhead kick for each of my goals :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Sorry man, next time ill try do a rainbow flick and then overhead kick for each of my goals :rolleyes:

Noooo, but how about just score with a simple finesse shot or at least attempt it with van persie for one of your goals when through on goal in the box like I did with Mata for my goal, instead of turning 180 and running slightly back towards the half way line / sideline while my keeper is still trying to get back on his line, and then tramping it up by doing a small cross of like 1 metre for ramsey, which lands right on his head, for him to win a header against 2 of my defenders...

Its the type of stuff you constantly see in pro clubs by some teams...

Its annoying but what can you do I guess.

Anyway, well played. Tramp goals, especially when thats all thats scored against you in a game, or when people are afraid to shoot and just wait to square it really do my head in.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Noooo, but how about just score with a simple finesse shot or at least attempt it with van persie for one of your goals when through on goal in the box like I did with Mata for my goal, instead of turning 180 and running slightly back towards the half way line / sideline while my keeper is still trying to get back on his line, and then tramping it up by doing a small cross of like 1 metre for ramsey, which lands right on his head, for him to win a header against 2 of my defenders...

Its the type of stuff you constantly see in pro clubs by some teams...

Its annoying but what can you do I guess.

Anyway, well played. Tramp goals, especially when thats all thats scored against you in a game, or when people are afraid to shoot and just wait to square it really do my head in.

Im NOT shooting with Van Persies right foot, its only useful for standing on and also crossing 5 yards to Ramsey for an open goal.

Im a clubs player hence the clubs goals im afraid.

Tramp goals in this league are the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Julez wrote: »
    I'm a few games behind lads, message me on boards if you are around this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon for a game. Just gonna play football manager now, so i'll check on my boards PMs.

I'm Man Utd in Division 1,

Have to play

Man City
    Napoli
    Spurs
    Real Madrid
    Villareal

Still need to play all these games... I'll be on after the champions league games tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Saaron wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 3
    RESULT: Tottenham (Primitoid) 0 - 1 Liverpool (Saaron)

Good game. Last few minutes were tense smile.gif

Proper smash and grab. Had so many chances, Reina was man of the match. On the other end, just a hopeful ball into the penalty area and somehow it goes past the keeper and all my defenders and falls straight to Carroll's feet for a tap in. Was seriously raging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

joe123 wrote: »
    Spurs(primitoid) 2 - 0 Dortmund (me)

Dont know how I lost this. Dominated for the whole game, one cross and im 1 down so had to go ultra attacking for the whole game. Cue a boring struggle of me passing then primitoid long ball to defoe and adebayor. Im going to have to start playing like I do on virgingaming. So apologies in advance but my possession will become ridiculously high.

Whaaaaa. I had plenty of chances before I scored the 1st. Defoe got through a couple of times but your keeper came out on top. I deservedly went in front.

And what long ball you talking about :confused: I mostly passed it to feet and played quick 1 - 2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

jamescd wrote: »
    Whaaaaa. I had plenty of chances before I scored the 1st. Defoe got through a couple of times but your keeper came out on top. I deservedly went in front.

And what long ball you talking about :confused: I mostly passed it to feet and played quick 1 - 2's.

Ahh here go way out of that :D

The game consisted of you defending and me camped outside your box trying to break through. You were ultra D and once you got the ball you played a long pass up to defoe and Adebayor.

You defended very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Bayern. Premiership. Add me. Invite me.

Danke.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Parawind, are you around at all? I've seen you on the dashboard watching a video for the past few days. Sent you a message but got nothing back?

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 2
    RESULT: Chelsea (Bulletsforwar) 1 - 1 Aston Villa (Kinetic^)

Should have won this. Hit the post 2 or 3 times, got 2 stone wall penalties turned down, and villa scored from a jammy rebound from a corner where the header hit my player on the line, bounced back out, and no one on my team would react to it, leaving bent for an easy tap in header. Ah well, good game.

Aye ye should've won and twas a cracker from Bent that pulled it back level :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

This game is not good for my stress levels. Axwell when are you available to take your 3 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Cjayses wrote: »
    Parawind, are you around at all? I've seen you on the dashboard watching a video for the past few days. Sent you a message but got nothing back?

My apologies, my brother has been watching his tv shows on it. I wasn't ignoring you, i have just had a very important matter to deal with the past few days and haven't been on my xbox. I should be able to get on tonight if your about.

Parawind wrote: »
    My apologies, my brother has been watching his tv shows on it. I wasn't ignoring you, i have just had a very important matter to deal with the past few days and haven't been on my xbox. I should be able to get on tonight if your about.

No worries. I'll be on after the football!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

AthAnRi wrote: »
    This game is not good for my stress levels. Axwell when are you available to take your 3 points?

On now for a bit and ill be on again tomorrow night from about 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Inter in the championship on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 3
    RESULT: Inter Milan (Parawind) 3 - 4 AC Milan (Cjayses)

GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 2
    RESULT: Inter Milan (Parawind) 1 - 1 Napoli (Bonescap)

Had some really good games of Ultra Def 12, it's oh so much fun to play against. :rolleyes:

I play 3-4-3 and normal mentality, don't know where your getting the ultra def from. Even when i went a goal up I didnt change anything

bonescap wrote: »
    I play 3-4-3 and normal mentality, don't know where your getting the ultra def from. Even when i went a goal up I didnt change anything

hmm really? Well during the game you might have noticed that i gave you a corner to check and sure enough there were only 2 men in the box..... I thought that only ever happens when the mentality is ultra def.

What is with all the cryfaces over a friendly league?

hmm really? Well during the game you might have noticed that i gave you a corner to check and sure enough there were only 2 men in the box..... I thought that only ever happens when the mentality is ultra def.

That happens on defensive as well. I noticed you also gave me a free corner. I only put it on defensive after the 70th minute because you were putting me under a lot of pressure. Sure enough, you got your 2nd goal late in the game, to which I responded by switching to ultra defensive. Even still, you managed to score straight away. Whether that was because you were on ultra attack, I don't know. My last 5 or 6 H2H seasons games have been draws where I've thrown away the lead in the latter stages of the game because my opponent has switched to Ultra attack. Fairly annoying. So it works both ways.

I thought our game was good anyway!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    What is with all the cryfaces over a friendly league?

Welcome to the league..

Cjayses wrote: »
    That happens on defensive as well. I noticed you also gave me a free corner. I only put it on defensive after the 70th minute because you were putting me under a lot of pressure. Sure enough, you got your 2nd goal late in the game, to which I responded by switching to ultra defensive. Even still, you managed to score straight away. Whether that was because you were on ultra attack, I don't know. My last 5 or 6 H2H seasons games have been draws where I've thrown away the lead in the latter stages of the game because my opponent has switched to Ultra attack. Fairly annoying. So it works both ways.

I thought our game was good anyway!

Actually thats the problem, it doesn't work both ways, if you play on ultra attack you will get ripped apart. Just so you know I was on balanced the whole time. Don't know about pressure from the 70 minute since my second and third goals came right at the death, but it sure did feel like you were on it the whole game. Wasn't meant to be having a go at you in particular, its just a pet peeve of mine. I had hoped, since certain players had left the league, this style of play would have left with them. Just a shame because when people play balanced vs balanced its generally a much more entertaining game. (yes i realise we played out a 4-3 but we both know that score didn't really reflect the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is it worth setting up a general bitching/moaning thread for the league?

Anyways, should be back from holidays on Monday, got a bunch of games to catch up on I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I still have games against Tottenham - Titanium Codpiece (TitaniumSocks) and AC Milan - Gameeeze (nevcapr) from gameweek 2 to play, I can be online any time from now and for the whole weekend so just let me know when suits you guys and I'll get on for a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Should be on this evening if anyone's about

Still to play (in Div 1)
    Tottenham (TitaniumSocks) and Real Madrid (surfacezebra) from Week 2 and AC Milan (nevcapr) from Week 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement