Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 12 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'll be on tonight still have to play rondeco and SchoolBoyErrors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Is it worth setting up a general bitching/moaning thread for the league?

Come on it's a football game, half the fun is the moaning in the post match press conferences! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    Actually thats the problem, it doesn't work both ways, if you play on ultra attack you will get ripped apart. Just so you know I was on balanced the whole time. Don't know about pressure from the 70 minute since my second and third goals came right at the death, but it sure did feel like you were on it the whole game. Wasn't meant to be having a go at you in particular, its just a pet peeve of mine. I had hoped, since certain players had left the league, this style of play would have left with them. Just a shame because when people play balanced vs balanced its generally a much more entertaining game. (yes i realise we played out a 4-3 but we both know that score didn't really reflect the game)

Yeah im pretty sure that only two players pop up in the box when you are ultra D. When Defensive its 3 sometimes 2 and the balanced is normal again.

I was an out and out ultra D man in fifa 11 as I felt it was nearly a necessity in that game or else you would get lb and y'd to pieces.

I decided for this league even though im one of the weaker teams in the league using Dortmund id go balanced. Saying that though myself and Yapa both played balanced and it was a really cagey affair. Yapa scoring the only goal from a penalty where the AI decides for itself to lunge in. Apart from that I think Yapa had one other chance again where the AI lunged in but didnt get a penalty, and I hit the post and missed a shot coming in from the side.

I think the new defensive system makes it easier for people in general to defend though as I found in Fifa 11 you could play a patient game and people would run their players out of position by holding pressure and you could pass the ball through their defence then.

In this people just sit back and let you come on to them and the ai reacts much quicker to these sort of instances.

My game against Cjayses I noticed he wasnt pressuring at all as I just stood still for a few seconds outside his box a few times and there was no one coming towards me.

Against Primitoid he was definitely ultra D but he pressured me every time on the ball but it was like trying to break through an army at the back.

I still dont think Ultra D is as effective in 12 as it was in 11 but it still definitely works. Whenever I play on VG for money im an ultra D fiend and finish games with 60+ possession. I know its not fun to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Napoli Championship on now.

I've to Play:

Juventus
    Liverpool
    City

Send me a message on xbox if anyone is on to play me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

joe123 wrote: »

Against Primitoid he was definitely ultra D but he pressured me every time on the ball but it was like trying to break through an army at the back.

I was not Ultra D, I swear on my mother's........... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Im on shortly. Send me invites!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

spurs championship be on at 6 o clock if anyone im due to play is on

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

My gold subscription has run out and won't be able to get it back 'til next week. So unless anyone wants to donate a 48 hour trial, I'll be unavailable to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Have been without internet for last week but back online now.

Will be on tonight to catch up on games (Real Madrid in Championship)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I'm online now for the next hour or so if anyone wants to play our games, have games against Borrussia Dortmund - board_stiff (SchoolboyErrors) and Chelsea - hungoverbunny (keyrawn) from this week and still have games against Tottenham - Titanium Codpiece (TitaniumSocks) and AC Milan - Gameeeze (nevcapr) from gameweek 2 to play. I can be online later tonight too if that suits anyone either, from about 9-11pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

miralize wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 5
    RESULT: Liverpool (Saaron) 1 - 3 Barcelona(miralize)

It was actually 2 - 3 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Oops my mistake! Sorry :/

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

miralize wrote: »
    Oops my mistake! Sorry :/

No problem :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It was also Gameweek 4, 5 doesn't start till Friday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'll be on tonight for anyone who needs to play me from around 8-10:30 gt keyrawn (chelsea) in league one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Juventus in League 1, still have the following to play: B Dortmund (SchoolboyErrors), AC Milan (nevcapr), Real Madrid (surfacezebra), Tottenham (Titanium Socks) and Chelsea (keyrawn).

Am free for most the week, day or evening, would like to get these all played by satday if possible, message me if you see me online, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Axwell wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: (Liam O) Bayern Munich 2-0 Aston Villa (Axwell)

Awful lag in this one. Sent a message at half time about it which was ignored only to get a reply after the game saying "yeah my brother was playing his xbox online at the same time- ah well". If you are going to play league games at least play when your connection isn't being battered so its a good game for both players. Nothing more annoying than playing someone in a league game filled with lag whether you win, lose or draw.
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: AC Milan 1-2 Bayern Munich (LiamO)

Same problem as Axwell, awful lag against him too, there was also a pause when the ball was bouncing around his box when I was trying to chase the game at 2-1 down and all out attack!

As above, if you're sharing a connection, either play when it's not being shared or don't play the leagues!
    well it's been the same situation playing everyone else and nobody else has caused any lag problems so I'm not sure what the problem is? I played a game with perfect connection right before Axwell so it may have just been incompatible connection or something like that.

you can both have rematches if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Liam O wrote: »
    well it's been the same situation playing everyone else and nobody else has caused any lag problems so I'm not sure what the problem is? I played a game with perfect connection right before Axwell so it may have just been incompatible connection or something like that.

you can both have rematches if you want?

Just as an FYI, There was bad lag in the game I played against you as well..
    Cant blame that on the drubbing I got though

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Just played Liam O. No issues.

Tusky are u avail to play? U haven't accepted my friend invite on Xbox yet???

Srooney have to play u this week. I'm avail before 2:30 and after 11. After 9 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'll send out a load of messages to everyone I have to play at some point this week to organise times. Bad time to pick for holidays.... league games, BF3 & MW3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Many folk played these guys in Div 1 yet? They don't seem to be around much

Milan - Gameeeze
    Spurs - Titanium Codpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

osh wrote: »
    Many folk played these guys in Div 1 yet? They don't seem to be around much

Milan - Gameeeze
    Spurs - Titanium Codpiece

Sent Titanium Codpiece a friend request a week ago, still waiting for a response, sent one to nevcapr at the same time, it was mysteriously accepted but he never seems to be online :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Alright boyos.
    Inter in the Championship should be back online tonight and for the weekend. Have games to play from gameweek 2 onwards.
    Had been offline for personal reasons there, explained the situation to Axwell and Moon, so if you see me online at any stage tonight, or over the weekend, send me a message and I'll jump on Fifa straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'll be on tonight from about 10. Have 6 games to catch up on! I'm Arsenal in the Championship and have to play:

AC Milan
    Man City
    Lyon
    Juventus
    Inter Milan
    Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Looking to play some games...might be busy tonight but tomorrow up till 9pm should be ready and able. Ive also got a friend from Venezuela who wants to join :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry I'm way behind on games and starting a new job next week so going to try get as many played as possible before then.Will be on tomorrow and Sunday for def so drop me a message whenever!

Nothing more annoying than someone just dropping out of the league and leaving loads of games unplayed.

Not sorted with accommodation or anything yet but if it comes to the point where I won't be able to get games played il let Moon and Axwell know.

Moiph wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight from about 10. Have 6 games to catch up on! I'm Arsenal in the Championship and have to play:

AC Milan
    Man City
    Lyon
    Juventus
    Inter Milan
    Liverpool

Moiph, I should be on at some stage tonight. If you're about.

edit : Inter btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Sorry I wasn't on last night nicklauski!

I'm online now if anyone is about. Arsenal in the Championship.

No worries mate. I'll be around most of the week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

napoli in the prem online now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement