Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Tramore

Options
  • 17-10-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there, moving to tramore and was looking for advice on :
    -Best broadband (cheapest)
    -Satalite tv availability
    -Best bar
    -Gyms?
    and things to do there in winter! Any help would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

Hey Dave,

Vodafone seems to have the best deals around for broadband, unfortunatley UPC broadband isn't available here yet. I would also reckon go with Sky for TV as I know a few people who have had problems with Upc for tv.
    There are 2 gyms, Splashworld and Glow fitness, and the Kingfisher gym is on the outskirts of waterford city.
    And as for bars? Theres a rake of them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Thanks Sarah

Ya I was just looking at the vodafone deal and its pretty good compared to eircom and the others. Thanks for the information

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

Tramore Tourism and TCRfm on facebook (Tramore Community Radio - back online soon) and the library are good sources of whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

hey dave,

both sky and ntl are available in tramore but sky seems to be the best service afaik.(i have freeview and saorview)

not familar with the gyms in the area but kingfisher is on the tramore side of waterford city(10min drive) and thats got everything you'd need http://www.kingfisherclub.com/waterford.html

the vic is by far the best pub in the town but there are also about 12 pubs within 200 mtrs radius.
    o neills bar is a great place for sporting events/cheap sunday lunch etc. they have all the matches on the big screen,texas holdem comp.(10euro entry) on mondays,pool comp on fridays.
    the grand hotel seems to be the place for a late drink for the over 25's and also do cheap accomodation,food and 3drinks for a tenner on match days.

eircom or vodafone are the only broadband options really out here(unless you get a dongle which can be worse than useless depending on location of your house),eircom is 12 month contract though,not sure about vodafone..... i think vodafone is currently cheaper at the mo.

if your looking for something different to do, why not look up the following threads,we could do with a few extra heads.

oh, welcome to tramore by the way;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056412436

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056191966

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Excellent advice thanks very much. Ya Vodafone seems the best. Freeview would be great but i'm not allowed a dish :( thanks for the links daaave, they look interesting!! Wont be short of things to do:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

dave98 wrote: »
    Excellent advice thanks very much. Ya Vodafone seems the best. Freeview would be great but i'm not allowed a dish :( thanks for the links daaave, they look interesting!! Wont be short of things to do:)

Welcome to Tramore!

If you can't have a dish that rules out Sky so you will be very limited on TV!

As for the pubs - +1 for the Vic. Raglan Road is also great but it changes so often it could be different tomorrow!

As for Broadband, I use UTV which is fine but you are limited to the DSL offerings from Eircom, UTV, Digiweb, Vodafone, etc. So really depends on what you want to pay!

As for what to do in the winter - there is always something on. If you're into surfing etc, there's the beach. There is the soccer club, gaa club, golf club, gym, five a side etc. And you can always just enjoy a good stroll down the beach!

Advertisement