Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many kgs of periwinkles might you pick in a day?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

how many kgs of periwinkles might you pick in a day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Depends on where you are & how good you are at picking. Your time is limited by the tide. Also once you've picked an area you can't return for quite a while & there are a few pickers around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

Discodog wrote: »
    Depends on where you are & how good you are at picking. Your time is limited by the tide. Also once you've picked an area you can't return for quite a while & there are a few pickers around.

id be in the inverin/spiddal area. my dad was saying that he used to pick them like 10/15 years ago and that it would take him 3 days to fill one of the orange bags (i think those bags can hold up to 30kgs). and i say that there are quite a few pickers around. do u know any good areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Do you need a license to pick them?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Great title to this thread. It's refreshingly post Celtic-Tiger.

Do you need a license to pick them?

i don't think so, but then again knowing this crazy country anything is possible:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

gandroid wrote: »
    Great title to this thread. It's refreshingly post Celtic-Tiger.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MataofK

how is the winkles picking going these days ? will start picking shortly . whos buying them around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This is a very old thread. Please use the new one that's just been opened! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement