Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you use Tesco online shopping...

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just a quick bit of advice to anyone using the online shopping side of tesco...

We dont use them as often as we used to, as we prefer to shop in aldi and lidl now, but there is still just those few items you cant get in the german stores....

On our last tesco delivery... i spotted a bargain of philips 8w CFL soft tone bulbs for 39 cent each... so i bought 8 of them.

When the delivery arrived, they were out of the bargain 39c ones, so they substituted them with more expensive ones which came to €24.
    I told the driver i wouldn't be taking them and he informed me that was fine and he would cancel them off the order.

Tesco still charged us the full shopping bill amount including the bulbs when i checked our online banking a week later.

I had to ring them to credit our debit card with the €24... got an apology... but still, it should not have happened.

Just thought i would point out that to others who use the online shopping... watch your bill amount... especially when returning goods to the driver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Refunds should be done that day, because I use laser, both the sale and the refund are debited and credited on my account the same day, about 3 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

be sure to ensure your account is set NOT to accept subsitutions, they dont have it then you get nothing, my understanding of it anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

BobMc wrote: »
    be sure to ensure your account is set NOT to accept subsitutions, they dont have it then you get nothing, my understanding of it anyhow

Strangely, i do specify no substitutions lately, as it drove us mad before when they always substituted items with more expensive ones.

Anyways, the info is there now... just watch your bill totals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Amelia Jane

Access wrote: »
    Just a quick bit of advice to anyone using the online shopping side of tesco...

We dont use them as often as we used to, as we prefer to shop in aldi and lidl now, but there is still just those few items you cant get in the german stores....

On our last tesco delivery... i spotted a bargain of philips 8w CFL soft tone bulbs for 39 cent each... so i bought 8 of them.

When the delivery arrived, they were out of the bargain 39c ones, so they substituted them with more expensive ones which came to €24.
    I told the driver i wouldn't be taking them and he informed me that was fine and he would cancel them off the order.

Tesco still charged us the full shopping bill amount including the bulbs when i checked our online banking a week later.

I had to ring them to credit our debit card with the €24... got an apology... but still, it should not have happened.

Just thought i would point out that to others who use the online shopping... watch your bill amount... especially when returning goods to the driver.

You should have looked for Double The Difference on this as you were overcharged by Tesco - this is their new policy since May of this year

It wouldn't apply here because a different item was given, the price for the new item would have been on the website and it was offered to the person at that price also but was returned.

There used to be a line on the receipt that said if your substation was more than 50c than the item you ordered, you would be refunded the difference between that and the item you ordered.

But I havent seen it in a while because I also have no subs selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

When ordering online how do you know they pick items with the furthest sell-by dates, the juciest fruits and ripest vegatables?

Its in there job description.

Each picker is evaluated based on customer complaints arising from the stuff they have picked.

Everything can be traced back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

We actually stopped ordering fruit and veg from them online... as it was always the close to rotten likes of mushrooms and salads we got.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

Anyone verify if the tesco.ie online shopping is down tonight.

It won't let me in, even though I'm entering my details correctly.
    I've tried resetting password, and it doesn't send out a email as it's meant.

I am logged in, but as soon as I click start shopping it kicks me out and then won't accept the details that I was currently in with.

Can't get through to their phone number.
    And their online email form does not work, doesn't send it to their website.

Just wanted to know if anyone has accessed it tonight and had the same problems??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I had that same problem earlier, turns out some of the links were bringing me to tesco.com instead, where your login won't work. Try some of the other links, or check the address bar to see if it's bringing you to .com or .ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

nothing wrote: »
    I had that same problem earlier, turns out some of the links were bringing me to tesco.com instead, where your login won't work. Try some of the other links, or check the address bar to see if it's bringing you to .com or .ie

Aha! You're dead right, their 2 main links on page for booking slot and start shopping are pointing to tesco.com.

I managed to find small link on the right for book slot which had tesco.ie related link, and got in no problem.

Thanks very much for the pointer, will now have my shopping tomorrow thanks to you :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Aha! You're dead right, their 2 main links on page for booking slot and start shopping are pointing to tesco.com.

I managed to find small link on the right for book slot which had tesco.ie related link, and got in no problem.

Thanks very much for the pointer, will now have my shopping tomorrow thanks to you :cool:

Same issue here - I FECKING LOVE BOARDS !!!! Thanks peeps.

Advertisement