Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Complaints - Online - Faults Problems

Options
  • 17-10-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hia All,

How do you actually get anyone at Eircom to listen to you or to complain which will be in any way meaningful?

I am on disability allowance, I get a very limited amount every week. I do get the household benefits package.

I moved to a new flat in March, got sorted with eircom and ordered my broadband [was told I had to have phone services as well] Ok Fine.

From March onwards until about a month ago, both phone and broadband have been totally useless! they have been up and down more times than the average parachute. I complained, logged faults, am on my fourth modem have had my line switched 2 or 3 times at the exchange now, only about a month ago did it finally get sorted and I have [had] a relatively stable line. I still often needed to reset the modem, but at least it was working most of the time.

Eircom, refunded me a small amount of what was owed, bearing in mind all the time it was not working I was getting charged monthly line rental and broadband etc. Now that I finally have it working, Eircom switch it off and say it will not go back on until the back rental/broadband is paid!

Now, bear in mind they are gauranteed 36 a month from household benefits package. I have heart problems, chronic arthritis and other health issues, I am not disabled for fun!

The moment I actually get my services working ok, Eircom demand payment and switch my services off! I have no way of paying this in one go and they are as I said getting the 36 a month anyway.

So I have to pay back for a service that they know and acknowledge was not working, knowing I have v v limited funds and they switch my service off which I desperately need. They said I could pay it weekly, but my service is not going back on until the bill is paid. Which will take months even though they are still getting money every month.

I have had broadband in Australia, the UK and here and have never met a company that has less interest in customer service than Eircom! I am so fed up, I am thinking of moving my benefit payment to O2 or 3, simpy to get away from them! I am 200m at most from the exchange, am on nexgen 8mb broadband and was lucky to get 1/8 of that most of the time.

I talked to a CS rep from Eircom this morning and he could NOT have been any more useless or uninterested. Do they train them to be so good at putting their customers needs last and making you feel like you are asking a huge favour for a service that has not worked and I still have to pay for.

I have no TV, am reliant on my broadband for much, including streaming of TV programs etc. Given my situation you would think Eircom would at least pretend to care or show some interest other than to their shareholders. So I ahve to pay for line ental on a line that was not working, my service won't be switched on until I do so.

How is this fair or equitable treatment of any customer in any service, or are Eircom simply above needing to provide customer service?

Man, do not ever get poor or rely on disability or need any services from Eircom! There but for the grace of god .....

Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

CSOSulla wrote: »
    Hia All,

How do you actually get anyone at Eircom to listen to you or to complain which will be in any way meaningful?

I am on disability allowance, I get a very limited amount every week. I do get the household benefits package.

I moved to a new flat in March, got sorted with eircom and ordered my broadband [was told I had to have phone services as well] Ok Fine.

From March onwards until about a month ago, both phone and broadband have been totally useless! they have been up and down more times than the average parachute. I complained, logged faults, am on my fourth modem have had my line switched 2 or 3 times at the exchange now, only about a month ago did it finally get sorted and I have [had] a relatively stable line. I still often needed to reset the modem, but at least it was working most of the time.

Eircom, refunded me a small amount of what was owed, bearing in mind all the time it was not working I was getting charged monthly line rental and broadband etc. Now that I finally have it working, Eircom switch it off and say it will not go back on until the back rental/broadband is paid!

Now, bear in mind they are gauranteed 36 a month from household benefits package. I have heart problems, chronic arthritis and other health issues, I am not disabled for fun!

The moment I actually get my services working ok, Eircom demand payment and switch my services off! I have no way of paying this in one go and they are as I said getting the 36 a month anyway.

So I have to pay back for a service that they know and acknowledge was not working, knowing I have v v limited funds and they switch my service off which I desperately need. They said I could pay it weekly, but my service is not going back on until the bill is paid. Which will take months even though they are still getting money every month.

I have had broadband in Australia, the UK and here and have never met a company that has less interest in customer service than Eircom! I am so fed up, I am thinking of moving my benefit payment to O2 or 3, simpy to get away from them! I am 200m at most from the exchange, am on nexgen 8mb broadband and was lucky to get 1/8 of that most of the time.

I talked to a CS rep from Eircom this morning and he could NOT have been any more useless or uninterested. Do they train them to be so good at putting their customers needs last and making you feel like you are asking a huge favour for a service that has not worked and I still have to pay for.

I have no TV, am reliant on my broadband for much, including streaming of TV programs etc. Given my situation you would think Eircom would at least pretend to care or show some interest other than to their shareholders. So I ahve to pay for line ental on a line that was not working, my service won't be switched on until I do so.

How is this fair or equitable treatment of any customer in any service, or are Eircom simply above needing to provide customer service?

Man, do not ever get poor or rely on disability or need any services from Eircom! There but for the grace of god .....

Shane

Hi Shane,

Can you PM me with your eircom telephone number and I will look into the connection issues you have been having with your line and broadband.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CSOSulla

Hi,

Mark, its not just the issues with line and broadband [I have has so many different fault no's I don't think even Eircom can keep them straight], its the customer service, the fact that I am on a pension [disability] have heart/arthritis, and numerous other health issues and CS really don't give a toss!

Up until 4 years ago, I had my own business, employed 25+ people and had been going for 10+ years developing games and simulations for the US and UK military, I was doing great, then I got ill. Now I see the flip side of that coin and am seeing just how people get treated!

Even allowing for the fact I have had a service thats been awful and not worked probably 80% of the time. But its the fact that now it is working, they cut me off to pay line rental for when it was not working. I would not even mind paying that, IF I still had my broadband and that would be totally unfair, it just shows how totally fed up I am with dealing with this and dealing with CS reps who almost laugh at you! Its not funny and I do have a highly developed sense of humour!

PM, on its way ...

Shane

Hi,

Mark, its not just the issues with line and broadband [I have has so many different fault no's I don't think even Eircom can keep them straight], its the customer service, the fact that I am on a pension [disability] have heart/arthritis, and numerous other health issues and CS really don't give a toss!

Up until 4 years ago, I had my own business, employed 25+ people and had been going for 10+ years developing games and simulations for the US and UK military, I was doing great, then I got ill. Now I see the flip side of that coin and am seeing just how people get treated!

Even allowing for the fact I have had a service thats been awful and not worked probably 80% of the time. But its the fact that now it is working, they cut me off to pay line rental for when it was not working. I would not even mind paying that, IF I still had my broadband and that would be totally unfair, it just shows how totally fed up I am with dealing with this and dealing with CS reps who almost laugh at you! Its not funny and I do have a highly developed sense of humour!

PM, on its way ...

Shane

Hi Shane,

I got your details thanks, It may take a bit of time to investigate the fault history in full but I will be back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CSOSulla

Hia Mark,

Any progress?

Rgds - Shane

Hia Mark,

Any progress?

Rgds - Shane

Hi Shane,

I am afraid it will be a few days at least before I get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement