Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carrot sticks

Options
  • 17-10-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

any one any easy way way of making these?
    i generally use them for stir fries or salads and i like them quite small about 4mmsq and about 2"-3" long, but if you are making a lot of them 3/4 carrots it is very time consuming.
    are them machines that you see on the shopping channel or at the ploughing match any good for this sort of thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco has bags of pre-chopped carrot sticks, they're in the same place as the bagged salad leaves. Obviously a bit more expensive than if you just bought the regular carrots, but so handy just to fire into anything you're cooking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have the v slicer, it wasn't expensive and it's really good for that sort of thing. It's also great for slicing potatoes, onions etc really thinly and it saves a lot of time and energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You could use a mandoline slicer

They're fantastic but tad bit dangerous at times (if you try slice something holding the veggie in your bare hand & lose concentration for a second at the wrong time there'll be a nice strip of hand-skin in amongst your stirfry)

Advertisement