Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you use to record commentary?

• 17-10-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Having problems atm with my commentary on the videos.

Headset Mic keeps recording everything in the room, as in when I'm not talking you can hear feedback or some static.

Tried using Webcam instead but it still happens to a degree.

What do you use, or does anyone have any tips to get rid of the problem? You can hear it on pretty much any of the videos I have so far.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you're getting feedback, then ome of your volume levels (probably on a speaker) is too loud.

If you're getting alot of static, there's probably a dodgy cable as culprit.

I myself use a cheap mixing desk with 2 cheap mikes and I'm always getting compliments on how good the sound is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Turtlebeach headset and Audacity / voice over recording using AVS video editor (because it plays back while I record) for me. Works perfectly and sound quality is excellent.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If you're using Turtle Beach headsets or similar, make sure the 'Game' Volume is off, and the 'Chat' volume is the one you are using. That's what causes the static

If you're using a cheap mic, then that's what you will get sadly... Cheap!

Try plugging out speakers when you are using your headset for recording

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

...this is going to sound odd but make sure that your pc is DEFINITELY using your headsets mic as the audio input and not one on a webcam/built in to a laptop/some other device etc.A headset shouldnt really be picking up stuff around you.The reason I say this is that I'd recorded about 15 videos thinking I was using the headset mic but was actually using (an unknown to me) microphone built in to a tabletop webcam.Ironically I only found this out when I inadvertantly fixed the problem , and the headset mic made me sound lispier than chris eubank doing a daffy duck impression(which is really weird since I dont have one when talking normally!)Since then I've gone back to the table mic which sounds grand(after trying 3 different headsets!?! go figure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Check the microphone boost level, that's generally the culprit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Check the microphone boost level, that's generally the culprit.

This would make a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Conorp55

I use the Dazzle DVC 100, I think its called ??? :S Also use the Guitar Hero mic, looking into getting a new mic, prob the Blue snowball mic !! Pretty decent setup, It gets the job done, I suppose !! :D

Advertisement