Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£500-£600 Gaming Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is that pounds sterling or just that you didn't have a € symbol?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Its Sterling, the friend lives in Scotland ^^

£550 is around €630 I would say.

Sorry if this double posts it doesnt let me edit

That's a decent enough budget to use. You could fit the 2500K in for that much. I think that you should get something more than a dual core for games now anyway.

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €618.65 + €30 shipping
    LiteOn iHAS122-18 schwarz SATA|€16.94
    Powercolor HD6870 1024MB Dual-DVI/HD1M2I5|€155.68
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W|€52.00
    Revoltec Sixty 1 schwarz, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€35.69
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)|€49.34
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€187.64
    ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX|€86.69
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€34.67

PSU was a bit much, even for a few upgrades. I switched the RAM for a cheaper one as you won't see much difference, but you could get something like this if you fancy something more elaborate.
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44319
    Maybe a slight board upgrade too to a Z68 board?
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=46922

I forgot to mention, windows 7 has to be bought within that budget which is about £70-£80, blows the i5 plan out the window. (Giving his current PC to family)

Thanks for the reply though, ill pass it to him and see if he wants to push that bit extra for a better comp.

• Advertisement

OK, you could get a 2400 and a H61 or H67 board so to save some money.
    The 2500K is well worth the money given that you can overclock so easily. This would give the system a very long life with maybe a few graphics upgrades to keep it in line. A 2400 still gives a lot of power and from a gaming point of view, it's plenty as many games rely more heavily on the graphics card.

If the friend is a student/goes to school/has kids going to school, he should check to see if there are any available discounts on windows. For example, www.software4students.ie has Win 7 Pro for €45, but given that the system isn't for yourself, you probably wouldn't be legally supposed to use a license that you bought from there.

Ok man, thanks, im going to get speaking to him shortly and will discuss what he wants to do, appreciate your input

He's graduated and all so cant get it, Ill see if he has any family members cos I know I got my win 7 for free cos im in the EEECS school within Queens uni

Advertisement