Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehumidifier needed!

Options
  • 17-10-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to buy a dehumidifier as my apartment gets very damp in winter from drying clothes inside. The cheapest decent one i've seen has been about 150 from argos. Anyone any recommendations or thoughts on where else to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 fairweather

i have one if you're in dublin and interested in second hand unit

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

You can't go wrong with the aldi ones here! Lucky for you they're on sale this week. We use them in the mobile home and would recommend them. They can be hidden under beds or wherever around the room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thanks oldpeculier, are those refill ones any good? We will use it all winter so we were thinking of a plug-in one.

Fairweather i might be interested alright. do you mind me asking the brand and what price you had in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

You can't go wrong with the aldi ones here! Lucky for you they're on sale this week. We use them in the mobile home and would recommend them. They can be hidden under beds or wherever around the room

I recomend the above as well, we use a version of this in some flats, and so long we go in regulary to fill the cartridges there is no problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

This any use to you???

Used once for drying out replastered rooms.

http://www.adverts.ie/machinery-tools/ebac-dehumidifier/1034863

• Advertisement

Thanks all,

In relation to the aldi one, how long does a refill last? Would we need to stock up on a big supply of them to last the winter?

Paddy, thanks for the adverts link. If the aldi ones dont seem feasible, I might check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks all,

In relation to the aldi one, how long does a refill last? Would we need to stock up on a big supply of them to last the winter?

Paddy, thanks for the adverts link. If the aldi ones dont seem feasible, I might check it out.

The ones we use 2/3 refills lasts all winter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanks all,

It sold for 70 euro this evening.:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    It sold for 70 euro this evening.:)

Seen that Paddy, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

how long does a refill last? Would we need to stock up on a big supply of them to last the winter?

Depends on the level of damp, but certainly we were getting 3-4 months+ on a single refill, just drain out the water from time to time.

The Aldi ones come with 2 salt refills each but you can buy refills in pack of 4, they constantly come up for sale in aldi and lidl so you can buy the refills in either

• Advertisement
Advertisement